• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Leather Rough Wear 27752 on their FB page

Ritchy

I studied the different models and their dimensions on the Fivestar website. I particularly like this Rough Wear but it seems shorter at the back and sleeves and wider at the shoulders than the other models. Could this shape be suitable for a tall person (1.90m). Can anyone confirm the dimensions of size 44?

Blackboxr1200S

I studied the different models and their dimensions on the Fivestar website. I particularly like this Rough Wear but it seems shorter at the back and sleeves and wider at the shoulders than the other models. Could this shape be suitable for a tall person (1.90m). Can anyone confirm the dimensions of size 44?

Hi,
Mine is size 44
Pit to pit 59 cm
Sleeves 66 cm
Length 67cm ( 64cm of the rack )
shoulders 46cm
I'm 1.83m and about 84kg ( add 1kg during the weekends )

I did ask to add 3 cm to the length of the jacket. Would have been a bit short for my liking otherwise.

Skyranger

Today I bought my first 5star leather, I wanted a colour very different of my Monarch BK (seal brown) so it is a United Sheeplined in whisky Horseside colour.
I expect to be proud of the product and the firm, and after I'll surely buy this perfect RW 27752, for a nice trilogy.

CBI

.....and here is another Five Star RW from a customer photo: I ask you all, how is this NOT pretty much level competition with the high end folks? Great hide and details. Still a few things no doubt but again, the price difference is huge. Very impressed with the headway Shawn and crew have made/are making. Owner says its their Brandy HH which always looks way more red in other photos so maybe thats a thing/an issue but I think this jacket is $350 new plus shipping. That's amazing and you get it made for you in 2-3 weeks................. the cuff knits look a bit wonky and it looks like possibly one pocket flap is a bit larger than the other? But, based on this photo, I am asking why this would not be considered as good as any other RW repro/maker?

438092673_10160280751292297_3416065914614455078_n.jpeg

Last edited:

leper-colony

I'd like to see a different liner color. They lost the vertical sides of the box on the label due to folding or wear on their available example. Yes, a great jacket!

Edit: maybe the customer chose a different color, early 5* prototype:

1713970354251.jpeg

Last edited:

Abyss

Today I bought my first 5star leather, I wanted a colour very different of my Monarch BK (seal brown) so it is a United Sheeplined in whisky Horseside colour.
I expect to be proud of the product and the firm, and after I'll surely buy this perfect RW 27752, for a nice trilogy.
I'd love to see photos of your Sheeplined when you receive it. I don't think I've seen a Five Star Sheeplined customer photo yet.

CBI

OK, so very little to NOT like, I suppose they could NOT glue parts (could ask them not to) they have other liner colors and a minor point with the label. $350 vs. $1,500. So, I guess one CAN make a really nice quality A-2 for a reasonable price after all.

bseal

OK, so very little to NOT like, I suppose they could NOT glue parts (could ask them not to) they have other liner colors and a minor point with the label. $350 vs. $1,500. So, I guess one CAN make a really nice quality A-2 for a reasonable price after all.
Buy one. Looking forward to fit pics.

Blackboxr1200S

NOPE checked on my jacket the seam is correctly done the 2 pieces are hold together by an adhesive tape to hold the parts of leather while stitching does not bother me we do that @the shop... like others do.
Had a look yesterday on both jackets, when reading that comment (again)
Doesn't look any different than any other maker flap or whatever construction.
Anyway that Brandy HH RW looks great.

ludospeed

nope!

They use double sided adhesive tape to fix the parts for easier sewing but everything is sewed up correctly

I own one of those 5* RW as well

Sqq8k24.jpg
Hello sir,
Last year a friend bought an A-2 5* and looking at the leather of the flap I found strange the hardness of this part of the jacket after handling you can feel that it is glued. Maybe not all their production.