• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First shots of my new Aces High BoB Irvin

flyboy

Frontcollar.jpg

First shot from Jon of my new Aces High "Battle of Britain" Irvin.
Looking so much forward to get into it. Snow is falling all around up here. So it could not arrive at a better time.
Will post more, when I get into the thing. :)

PS Jon apologized for the rather bad lightning. My guess is, that the jacket is a bit richer in color than at this shot.

Otter

Bet you can't wait, what is the eta on it now? Been wearing my B3 to break it in a bit but I must get my Irvin out once the rain goes through and it gets cold again.

Falcon_52

Looks like another beauty from Jon. Did you sell your Aero jacket or did you decide to keep it? It would be interesting if you could compare and contrast the two jackets (mostly contrast, I'm guessing ;) ). Hopefully, it gets to you sooner rather than later. I'm looking forward to some more pictures.

Regards,

Noel

flyboy

I've still not sold my Aero jacket and I'll be happy to compare and contrast the two jackets.
But if anybody (size 50 - 52) out there wants an Aero - call me!

ButteMT61

flyboy said:
I've still not sold my Aero jacket and I'll be happy to compare and contrast the two jackets.
But if anybody (size 50 - 52) out there wants an Aero - call me!

"Worf" on TFL might be interested...seeing as you're posting again, might wanna ping him.

NW Carver

Looks great!

I am wearing my number 2 today, its starting to develop real character and I am still surprised by how warm it is :)

When I wear the jacket it looks big/tight on..but I can actually get my uniform under it now...which is weird, so I presume that its the wool compressing down...and it does not feel tight when I am sitting down or standing in it...:)

An incredible jacket - I have been asked several times now if its is an original...

Must say, I like the straight leather pulls on the zip - rather than the teardrops that mine has - but the teardrops match my original, which is what I was after...:)

flyboy

I asked specific for the straight leather pullers, since most early pre-war Irvins used to have that.

Andrew

Two pages and only one pic from Jon, this might be a record.

Looking forward to seeing some action shots Søren.