• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got around to making an A-2...

fishmeok

Kind of funny, but after a couple years of jacket making, this is the first full-fledged A-2 I have made. It's a customer jacket, essentially a 48 short. Dark brown goat, Conmar zipper, cotton lining, etc. It's based mainly on the Doniger pattern (sewn-in and rotated sleeves, shoulder seam under the epaulet) with a larger Dubow style collar and my own pocket design. The knits are more of a darker Dubow red as seen in the full shots than a bright berry. I'm pretty happy with it, plus, I'm not replicating any specific contract so you guys can't rip me to shreds on the details (as much, anyway :D )
Cheers
Mark

CompDown672.jpg

CompDown675.jpg

CompDown676.jpg

CompDown685.jpg

CompDown690.jpg

Weasel_Loader

I posted my reply on the "other" forum before I saw it here, but here it is again.

I think the same as Andrew. You've done an outstanding job!!! Love your work. I can only imagine how difficult it is to pull this off. Love to see a SAT since no one to my knowledge is doing a authentic version. ;)

Roughwear

Weasel_Loader said:
I posted my reply on the "other" forum before I saw it here, but here it is again.

I think the same as Andrew. You've done an outstanding job!!! Love your work. I can only imagine how difficult it is to pull this off. Love to see a SAT since no one to my knowledge is doing a authentic version. ;)

It's easy to do this as many here post there too. It's a very nice Jacket Mark, the first of many A2s I hope.

fishmeok

Double posting is a habit by now- lots of people on one or the other, but not both boards..
Thanks all, this is a lot of fun, and I will not be stoppting anytime soon.
Cheers
Mark

dujardin

nice job Mark,
this jacket looks good.

this give me the envy to send you my measurements right now. ;)

see you next

byeee marcel

Marv

Nice job Mark, looks very similar in style to my Aero A2 in goat/berry knits :)

Tariacuri

Wow - looks great. I had an A2 once upon a time. An amazing Goodwear Doniger in goat - where did that coat go - can't seem to remember at the moment.

fishmeok

Tariacuri said:
Wow - looks great. I had an A2 once upon a time. An amazing Goodwear Doniger in goat - where did that coat go - can't seem to remember at the moment.

That's 'cause tenure plus altitude kills brain cells!

Tariacuri

fishmeok said:
Tariacuri said:

That's 'cause tenure plus altitude kills brain cells!

Stumbling on a city takes years off your life - that's more like it. :ugeek: