• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiftie's USAFE & SAC patches

Rutger

Acquired during the past few months, the most recent as late as of tonight.

USAFE patch, jumped on it as I missed a truly mint one with red lettering in the summer, which I still regret. This one had been on a uniform, but being so rare I had to have had. It's a 4.5" patch.

Early SAC patch, roughly from same period as above, if anything the styling would make me feel a bit earlier. Also been on a uniform, height is 4".
There where very many early variations which hardly ever show up, if I continue collecting at this speed I will probably have most of them by the time I retire. Typical case of the fun of the hunt.

4080th SRW patch, a big one at 8.5". The world of patches is filled with fakes or repro's so I won't believe everything I see, but the lettering and the back have that early sixties style, so I went all out and spent $71 on this one.
Unless it shows to be a fake I don't think I will regret this: the 4080th SRW wasn't known to me but it is a U-2 unit that did the flying over Cuba at the time they put up some missiles there, and also had a few things to do with flights that took pilots over the Soviet Union.