• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few Kyoto show

John Lever

Here's the poster for the show. I'm sure Bevan will tell when he gets back.
00173161.jpg

Weasel_Loader

Love the jackets and the ladies. They are wearing jackets from my uncles unit. ;)

90th Bomb Wing (Jolly Rogers)
319th Bomb Squadron (Asterperious)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Lucky Bevan, he's gone to help at the fair.

Yes John, lucky Bevan ....

And now you have the B-2, but what will be in the new season's range?

Maybe something else you can't live without. :mrgreen:

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:

Me an addict ?
B1 on the way, HLB B-3, and perhaps a custom M445.
:D

Falcon_52

John Lever said:
deeb7 said:
John Lever said:

Me an addict ?
B1 on the way, HLB B-3, and perhaps a custom M445.
:D

Those are exactly the jackets that I lust over every time I go to their website. You have excellent taste in jackets!

Bevan is a lucky man, indeed. I ate the best soba noodles in my life when I was in Kyoto; then you throw The Few jackets into the mix. That would be my little version of heaven!

Regards,

Noel

John Lever

David, I saw these last week. The natural B1 isn't for me, but the Aero special brown B3 is fabulous. Not sure if the m444 is two tone or not, maybe our Few/NZ correspondent Bevan can tell us ...
He was in Japan with them recently, luck bu**er !

Falcon_52

That new B-1 looks pretty strange to me also. I like the color of the shearling pile inside the jacket and the mouton collar but the outer shell is a little too much. Well, I guess I don't have to hastily scrape together the money this year for one. I can take my time and leisurely scrape the money together. :)

I agree with John Lever about the Aero B-3. Wow, does that like gorgeous or what? They hit that nail right on the head.

Noel

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Not sure if the m444 is two tone or not, maybe our Few/NZ correspondent Bevan can tell us ...

Well I call it two-tone ... :)

Dark seal brown Monarch M-444, leather parts Argentinian goatskin mid-brown.

07f_sp7011.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
David, I concede that is two tone. It's a very similar photo that has been on the site for some time.

Shows how much attention I pay to the woolly jackets. .. :)

... but I do like it.

John Lever said:

These are some pic's of the trade show

P1020001-1.jpg

P1020002.jpg

P1020003.jpg

P1020004.jpg

The host shop in Kyoto was Porkies Jeans, they did a great job doing all the behind the scene stuff, premises, manequins, tables, refreshments etc.

The ladies range was well recieved, as was the "Crusaders/Raiders " jacket.

The Natural hide B-1 stuck out a bit straight up, but some of the natural hide Werber A-2's made a couple of years ago now look AMAZING with honest wear (like vintage denim but in reverse) so the idea is that the B-1 will be the same.

I met some great people, spent alot of time with Akeno Tatsuya ( Mr. War Art Colors) and I spent some time one afternoon with Mr. Touru Nogami, the main man behind Samurai Jeans. He signed the pockets of 4 pairs of Samurai jeans for me.

I had a great time, lots of great cuisine, Vodka, Saki, and some armwrestling.

After the show we drove 600 km to Motegi, to the Twin Ring race track to see the 3rd round of the Indy car series. I saw Scott Dixon (an NZ'der) leading and watched him pit for gas with 5 laps to go. Danica Kirkpatrick (sp ?) won. I was gutted.

Good times.

BEVAN

John Lever

Looks like a very interesting event for any jacket enthusiast. Are the visitors of any particular age group ? I see they now do a Special Brown Aero B3. Does it look as good in the flesh as in the photos on the website ?
Lastly, did you buy anything ?

John Lever said:
Looks like a very interesting event for any jacket enthusiast. Are the visitors of any particular age group ? I see they now do a Special Brown Aero B3. Does it look as good in the flesh as in the photos on the website ?
Lastly, did you buy anything ?

Ages from early twenties to sixties, though trade people only, through the doors.

Aero B-3 uses shearling from a co. called Fenland in the UK, veg tanned, unbelieveable hand and wool.

Bought a mil type man bag, some Samurai jeans and soap powder and some Lone Wolf boots.

BEVAN

John Lever

Aero B-3 uses shearling from a co. called Fenland in the UK, veg tanned, unbelievable hand and wool.
Coals to Newcastle ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
deeb7 said:
And scroll right down for ... LADYS / HURRY HOME HONEY.

Nice design of that "Navy" one.

Yeah ... I think it's great.

And the model's such an improvement on The Few's usual, flat trousered, gentleman.

HH8006.JPG

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
Not sure if the m444 is two tone or not, maybe our Few/NZ correspondent Bevan can tell us ...

Well I call it two-tone ... :)

Dark seal brown Monarch M-444, leather parts Argentinian goatskin mid-brown.

07f_sp7011.jpg

It was a sample made for a run of Few jackets for Standard Work Wear, from 2007. Standard is no longer a Few distributor.

BEVAN

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
Yeah ... I think it's great.

And the model's such an improvement on The Few's usual, flat trousered, gentleman.

HH8006.JPG

It's when I see jackets like that with a design I've not before (obviously incorporating features from various flight jackets) I wonder to myself, "Why the desire for such 'perfect' repro A-2's?" That jacket design could easily be modified for a man and I think would, or should, be a far more appealing jacket than "another" A-2.