• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Embroidered Silk on Wool 14th AF Chest Patch

a2jacketpatches

14thchestpatch001.jpg

1940's Silk Thread, 1940's Blue Wool, stitched on 1940's SINGER using a Singer Embroidery Guide from the 30's. The backing is of modern cotton muslin, I used it to cover up the embroidery back threads as they are easily pulled. This took about 6 hours of concentrated effort, with many breaks.

EMBLEMHUNTER

VERY good work, now can you make Squadron or Group patches this way , if so you could make yourself a good business doing them !!!!!!!!!

Again , VERY good work !!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

a2jacketpatches

Can Do
patchemb011.jpg

Just bought an enormous amount of period wool, old garments etc. Lots of blue period correct wool felt, along with several large totes full of scrap wool, all from a quilters estate sale. Also bought a ton of period 100% cotton embroidery thread in every color and shade just about. The cotton is faster to work with because it is fairly thick, allowing me to produce at a better cost than silk. Still this method is very time consuming and tough on the eyes and neck. I'm afraid the cost may be a little higher than most are willing to pay. I'm sure most guys can understand and appreciate the work into it just to get the look of a theater embroidered patch, my ultimate goal is realism.

Andrew

Just brilliant.

Oh i'd love to see a 5" 5th AF patch..... I think that'd be right up your alley with those materials ;)

Weasel_Loader

I've been dying for a reproduction of my uncles Australian theater made 319th Bomb Sq. patch. No one seems to be making these anymore. :roll:

IMG_0876.jpg

dujardin

some idea for your new hobby

nametag
CECmtwBmkKGrHqEOKnQEz0C1wSekBNQjrq1JHw_12.jpg

some nice patches,

37TCS
37TCS5af.jpg

north atlantic squadron
northatlanticsquadron-gander-antisubjpgjpg.jpg

RCAF-USAAF Goose bay- Labrador
rcafusaafLabradorbase.jpg

and so many others :lol:

byeee
marcel

deand

When it's done right, they are indeed the pinnacle, and your work is absolutely terrific! If I ever finish my 25th FIS patch, still in progress, I'm aiming for a 9th Bombardment Squadron patch, simple, bold and my favorite design.

dean