• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Star A-2 ?

Roughwear

You mean the new version made from grainy Italian hh rather than the smoother dark seal earlier version! ;) It appears to be a great jacket, very close to originals.

John Lever

Roughwear said:
You mean the new version made from grainy Italian hh rather than the smoother dark seal earlier version! ;) It appears to be a great jacket, very close to originals.
Yes.

B17b25guy

Hi John, and greetings from Nashville.
I have the new Star Sportswear in Warhorse. It arrived today. I'll attempt to have someone take some photos as long as you're not in a huge hurry.
I plan on taking it to Denver this weekend to christen it, where I'll be giving rides in Liberty Belle, followed by a flight on Mon. to Kansas City for media.
It will be relatively warm in DEN this weekend, and I imagine other than an early flight, the Star will be used for evening wear. Once I arrive back in Nashville, late Mon. night, I'll only be in town a couple of days before I head to Virginia Beach to fly several aircraft in the yearly Military Aviation Museum show.
All this said, I'll do what I can for you with uploading some pics. But, please understand I'm really busy these next 2 weeks.

And, the Star jacket is superb!

Cheers,
Bob

tom james

Hi Bob, My name is Tom James. I live in Va. Beach and will be at the V.B Aviation Museum this weekend. I would love the opportunity to meet up with you and compare jackets. I wear a Goodwear '39 pattern Werber patched in memory of my dad, a p-47 pilot in the E.T.O. My uncle was a navigator in B-24s out of Italy, and I'm looking for a later model jacket to do for his memory as well. A Star may be just the thing! Hope we can get together.

B17b25guy

Hi John,

Yes, its a stylish cut to be sure. Other here could tell you more about it, I'm sure. I did end up one size larger, as my normal 44 had quite a pull just under the arms.
The sleeve opening on this are much smaller than my '01 Cable (#4 from the summer of '01 and prior to the ELC sizing changes) and a little effort is realized to slide my hands through when removing the jacket. The Cable slides on and off, efforlessly.
That said, several women having inspected my wearing of the Star stated it looks to be a correct fit on me....and they would know!

The hide is outstanding as is the usual ELC workmanship.
I would entertain another ELC is a warhorse hide without reserve. Although, I am eyeballing the 55J14. I had one of those when they first came out circa '94 or '94...shouldn't have sold it.

Bob

B17b25guy

Hi Tom,

I didn't plan on taking a jacket to the show since its always hot....or raining for that event. But, I could attempt to pack it.
I'll most likely be around the Cat or the 17 if your trying to find me. I'll arrive Thurs. too.

I'm not of of those warbird types who wear the adorned flight suit with requisite regailia. You'll find me in shorts, T shirt/polo shirt, ball cap and Sperry dock shoes.... and that's how I fly when its warm.
Most likely sporting a Boeing, Douglas, or NAA type T shirt....perhaps Fighter Factory. A Liberty Belle, Boeing, P-40, PBY, ball cap.

That's one of the advantages of several boxes full of ballcaps and 'maker' shirts...:)

See you there!