• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Ostmann fit

Bewear88

Anyone have one - how does it fit? Like an A2 or roomier? Struggling to work out size. Have requested measurements from ELC but wanted to ask for experience. Thanks.

Abyss

There are measurements at the HPA website:

Look under the product measurements tab where the average of many jackets for each size is given. I've never tried one on, or actually seen one in person, however. Hopefully, others with first-hand experience can provide more information.

CBI

be careful, these can be kind of odd fitting jackets, very trim around the waist and very high waisted.

bn1966

Got one, narrow & high waisted but broad shouldered, I take a 48 in an ELC A-2 but the 46 Ostmann fits me fine.

mulceber

There are measurements at the HPA website:

Look under the product measurements tab where the average of many jackets for each size is given. I've never tried one on, or actually seen one in person, however. Hopefully, others with first-hand experience can provide more information.
The sizing tips tab is pretty helpful as well. If you look at both of them, you should have a VERY good idea of what size to get.

bn1966

I used the Hstory Preservation measurements to guide my A-2 fit specs before approaching ELC, best contracts for broad shoulders in my case.

Tark

This is a pretty trim-fitting jacket, specially around the waist and forearm areas, plus there is the lack of action back or gussets affecting fit too. I can't say how it would fit at the bigger sizes, but if you're at the lower end of the scale, I would go one notch up in size (e.g. if you measure 36-37, take a 38).

Capt

I had one and for me anyway it was like the usual A2 fit size fore size, if you have burley upper body shape it’s going to feel tight regardless. The same reasons what makes a G1 more comfortable than A2. Having said that I had more people asking about the jacket than any G1, A2 Ive worn but that was down to lack of there knowledge, the Ostmann just looked dam good. Get your right size/fit and you won’t be disappointed.