• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Monarch 23378 A-2 42

Kermit3D

This A-2 is absolutely gorgeous ! I really love the vintage leather and the color is great (one of the most beautiful russet I've seen). ELC really makes great jackets...
It looks great on you, I don't think it's too baggy.

You just have to put it on sale so I can buy it... :D

Officer Dibley

The 42 fits you perfectly. You know as well as anyone that the fit needs to allow for more than you in a t-shirt with your hands in your jeans pockets.
The A-2 was meant to be worn with a thicker shirt & even a sweater under it and nor with hands in pockets - decidely unmilitary.
You have an authentic fit- i just hope this one keeps you happier for longer than your average duration ! ;)
Dave

Brettafett

Quick leather comparison of how Platon's and BK's russet horsehides compare in colour and finish, to this batch of ELC's warhorse.
Swatch on the left is from Platon, on right are two from BK (one is ever so slightly darker than the other)... All of swatched are from last year.
Thickness and weight is about the same.
IMG-20210313-WA0001.jpeg

P-47 thunderbolt

Absolutely stunning a2 Brett, after seeing pics of Yeager's monarch a few years back I'm drawn to that model but I don't own a russet colour a2. ELC is probably the best option but just out of curiosity was there a reason you went ELC over bk for this one? (Apart from the anxiety of an unknown wait time)

Brettafett

...but just out of curiosity was there a reason you went ELC over bk for this one? (Apart from the anxiety of an unknown wait time)

Short answer is the wait time... And also that I have already 2 BKs and one of Platon's...
I was intending to go the BK route. Their russet Liberty is fantastic. But, after a couple of emails with BK, I could see I would need to be patient...
(I had also spoken with Platon, but there was no way a 42 regular would fit me well...)

ELC is 'just up the road', so a 'fit' jacket seemed to be a good option. I liked the idea of mixing it up also, and to my delight, the 42 Monarch they sent was almost perfect out the box. That sealed it.

I am A-2-satisfied at the mo, but I DO have plans for a russet BK in the future... I do believe that they have patterns for a Dubow 20960...

Brettafett

Hello gents (& ladies)... I am back to considering letting this go.
Its not been worn much and has not been tampered with in any way. Its an incredible jacket and this particular batch of Warhorse is crazy good.
I dont want to 'give it away', but do understand its not a 'brand new' jacket... Although it is in relatively new condition.
Pet free & smoke free home.
If anyones tempted, pls pm me.