• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC house water treatment results

stephen210

So I had posted a picture of a size 44 house ELC jacket I felt was a bit baggy on me. I liked it but it just needed something, I felt.
I did some research on water treatment and like the results some folks achieved.
Reached out to Brettafett for some pointers and here is the fruit of that labor.
I am very pleased with the fit now and the color darkened a bit but really love it.
Now, I understand not a huge change but enough for me.
some before and after. Yellow hat before, blue after.
20240426_111803.jpg
20240506_141635.jpg
20240426_112057.jpg
20240506_180240.jpg

20240506_141842.jpg

Smithy

Sweet jacket, ELC ain't the cheapest but they make some of the nicest looking A-2s.

Now stop talking about that jacket and wear the crap out of it in all weather and no matter what you're doing :)

One word of advice and the most important one there is...

...the worst thing you can do with these jackets is to "baby" them and be over protective of them. The reason those guys' jackets in the war look great was because they wore them hard and they didn't give a shit about them. Do your jacket the same favour and wear it without a care in the world - you'll be less stressed out and that jacket will look even better.

saucerfiend

So I had posted a picture of a size 44 house ELC jacket I felt was a bit baggy on me. I liked it but it just needed something, I felt.
I did some research on water treatment and like the results some folks achieved.
Reached out to Brettafett for some pointers and here is the fruit of that labor.
I am very pleased with the fit now and the color darkened a bit but really love it.
View attachment 147855View attachment 147857View attachment 147859View attachment 147861
View attachment 147865
Looks just right!

London Cabbie

View attachment 147855View attachment 147857View attachment 147859View attachment 147861
View attachment 147865
Was the size 44 the recommended fit according to the Eastman sizing chart ?