• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC G-1

marco77

Last year , at La Ferté Airshow , I discussed with a pilot of the Fighter Collection , the famous Stephen Grey's warbirds collection of Duxford , there was a woman with , both wearin ELC G-1 .
I asked them why the Fighter Collection have chosse the G-1 intead of A-2 and he tell me that the G-1 is more confortable and more pratical when flying warbirds !!!!!!

So , is the ELC G-1 size run large ? I am beteween 38 and 40 concerning my size , what should I take ?
I have an original Star G-1 size 38 and I only wear it with a t-shirt during summer .

Can you help me please ?

Thanks

Marco

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
marco77 said:
So , is the ELC G-1 size run large ? I am beteween 38 and 40 concerning my size , what should I take ?
I have an original Star G-1 size 38 and I only wear it with a t-shirt during summer .

If the sizing is consistant with other ELC jackets, it will run large compared to originals. A 38 should be plenty big enough, but check with Eastman for confirmation.

Grant

I used to own an ELC G-1 and found it fit trimmer than their A-2's. Overall a nice repro of the 55J14. If you're a smaller size have you ever thought about finding an original? You can still find them for less than you'd pay for an Eastman.

CBG

I have an ELC G1 and an ELC A2, both size 42. The G1 is by far the best in terms of look, fit, and practicality when flying the Yak. I had it with me during the La Ferte airshow but - given the hot weather that week-end - it stayed in the aircraft for the whole duration of the show.

By the way, the ELC G1 with the Indian Chief logo is the Fighter collection's "corporate jacket". B. Chabbert owns one amongst others.

marco77

Welcome CBG , so cool to have another french guy here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at la Ferté Alais for the last airshow , first time I go, I was 4 years old !!!!!!
Wich Yak do you flown ? I thing the white Yak was flown by Jack Krine and his big moustache ;) !!!!

Marc

CBG

Hi Marco and all - the aircraft you refer to is a Yak 11. Mine is a Yak 18T, HA-CBG. follow the link below to the August playmate of the month - aircraft in front. I don't think I was wearing the G1 then....

http://tinyurl.com/5uaclzw

Cheers

CB