• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC B-15 (size 48)

Dr H

At last a cloth jacket that fits me well, is comfortable and practical!
Images to follow (just received the jacket in the post this morning along with the heavy frost/freezing fog and light snow!), but this looks like one that I'll be keeping for a long time.
I can't understand the sizing at all - I've bought/sold on ELC B-10 jackets in sizes 42 and 44, which were understandably too snug (at least to allow a bit of layering with a tank top), but both tunnelled significantly.
I decided to give the B-15 a go until I could find another B-10 (as I prefer the style of the older jacket) and this one came up on EBay with a good BIN.
It's labelled as a 48, but fits more like a 46 with sleeves that are 25" so it actually fits perfectly and is incredibly comfortable. I don't know if this was a custom order as it seems such an odd stock size (particularly with the odd size label).
Now beginning to think that I'll simply stick with the B-15 and simply enjoy the B-10 in period photos!

ausreenactor

G'day,

The zipper on the B-15 used to freak me out. Uniformity, up the middle was hard to sway away from.
Great to hear you are very happy with the fit. Enjoy it!!

Couchy

Dr H

I know what you mean Couchy - before wearing it, I felt the same about the asymmetry (and the slash pockets).
In use, the zip configuration works much better than the B-10 (the tape is exposed so whilst it's less neat, it avoids trapping the shell when fastening) and putting hands into corduroy-lined pockets is a sensible move.
I wore it to share a beer with John Lever this evening and with a heavy frost and -4C, it was very warm and comfortable.
Cheers
Ian

ausreenactor

Dr H said:
I wore it to share a beer with John Lever this evening

Out to impress! The B-15 is a good looking jacket. It is interesting they moved
the zipper back in later models and we never really saw it again. Perhaps too
radical for the 'brass'. Hope the beers were as pleasing as the jacket..

Couchy

Dr H

Thanks both, it was a swift Guinness, but convivial company as ever and good to gossip.
I took along a few jackets (older and new GW A-1, G&F M-422A and the ELC B-15) and John had a superb Menlo Cossack in the most beautiful cape that I've yet seen. :mrgreen:

Dr H

Dr H said:
It's labelled as a 48, but fits more like a 46 with sleeves that are 25" so it actually fits perfectly and is incredibly comfortable. I don't know if this was a custom order as it seems such an odd stock size (particularly with the odd size label).

Mystery solved - the embroidered label is a 48, but the white lot tag in the slash pocket reads 46, which makes much more sense.

Also the inside of the sleeves show evidence of alteration (reduction of ca. 1 ") - not mentioned on the listing, which was a bit naughty, but fortunately perfectly well for me as the work was done well and means that the sleeves fit perfectly. This was always a problem with both my B-10s (tunnelled like mad).