• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC ANJ-4 RI Pics

Here's some pics of my recently arrived ANJ-4.

I think ELC might have made a special with this one as it seems to have the time worn sheepskin on the back and arms and the normal old smooth style on the front.

Also it doesn't have a Lot Number ?

The leather on the front seems quite stiff, does the hot water treatment soften it up ?
PB270011.jpg

PB270010.jpg

PB270009.jpg

PB270008.jpg

TankBuster

I don't think it's the Time Worn leather on the back
or the arms. It appears to just have different graining.
With some wear the front will crease up as well. The
best thing do do with new sheepskin, is to give it a
bunch of wear. Nice looking jacket by the way!

greyhound52

Very nice and looks heavy. Yeah HW might soften it up. Looks perfect for those English winters. Too much for California.

duke

Awesome! I hope that my re-issue looks at least a bit like that when it arrives. I wasn't able to discuss specifics with ELC until after the order had already shipped due to email issues. They were very professional and worked around my computer problems. I can't wait....Mine should be here next week. I ordered a size 48. It should be here just in time as it has gotten cold the last week. Thanks for the pictures and Enjoy your new jacket-it looks great! Duke

Curahee

Looks exactly like mine 1 year ago, didn't have a lotnumber either. To soften up the leather take a look the
repro section page 4 John Lever has a few tips there. Most important tip as with all new jackets is just wear
it day and night.

Curahee

I was toying with the idea, but I don't have the balls for it. It's too nice (and expensive) a jacket to do that.

John Lever

I wouldn't ever wash a new jacket. The ones I have washed have always been second hand and grubby for some else's wear.

duke

I picked up mine at the P.O. yesterday. Today it snowed a bunch with more on the way tomorrow. I wore it while shovelling and it was very comfortable-I thought it might be too heavy or restrictive, but it was neither. Very warm,but not too much. I will take some pictures tomorrow. Duke