• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC A-2's

havocpaul

It confused me when I saw it flagged up on their site as 'new', just one of the aces signed options from their 352nd FG Monarch jackets that have been around for several years now...maybe they're trying to push them again.

Ian C

I know, I checked it a while back. I know mine isn't a signed 352nd but I can live with that.

What appealed to me when I was buying it was that I used to live fairly close to Bodney so it seemed right. I also wanted a russet as it seemed different, as most copies like Avirex etc seemed to be in seal. Then when i got it I fancied the seal too so I worked a bit of overtime to get that too. Now a GW is on the cards though i would like a Lewis Leathers Bronx if funds permit.

What I try to do is make a few warbows and sell them on. Then it means any hobbies like jackets etc fund themselves and I don't get ear-ache from diverting cash away from the household.

Pete17

I love ELC's gear and that's a cracker of an A2 but the increase in price is insane.
Makes it hard to justify...

Ian C

I wouldn't buy ELC at current prices.

I'd opt for BK or ideally GW if I can handle the wait.

Ian C

Thanks Andrew,

As soon as I get some more bows made I can justify a new one. A self yew warbow equates to about the same price as a GW A2. I tend to price things by how many bows it will cost me and then it all finances itself. For instance a Hueur Bundeswehr watch would cost about 2.5 bows. :D

How much does a Kelso work out at now roughly?

IMG_3590.jpg

Ian C

That's not bad at all. In fact it's about what my A2s cost a few years back from ELC.

I imagine a G1 or M422 would cost more as there's more work in them manufacturing wise?

It's about 0.75 bow cost then, which should work well as I've got one to make up while it's the college holidays.

Ian C

It's only a baby :D 105lb @32in

I made one afterwards that weighed 170lb @ 32in draw length. My friend Joe shot a world record with it using a livery arrow, with both the arrow and bow made to Mary Rose specifications. It was a monster and broke a fast flite string while I was making it as it was 188lb until it was reduced 18lb.
Very proud of it though

Joe170lbrecordshot.jpg

188lbs32in.jpg

Joequarterpoundarrow.jpg

That is just awesome...thanks for sharing the bow pics and the story! I've shot a compound bow and a recurve...never a long bow...those are the real deal, man!

Chris217

It was archers that used bows like just like that who made England quite a formidable foe on the field of battle. Awesome photos!