• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman's A-1 Capeskin

jon11

Any guys out there that own an Eastman's A-1 that can tell me do they run true to size? in other words if you take a 40" in a jacket that a 40" Eastman will fit you without going up to a 42". Thanks

CBI

true to size - at least for me, I had one and one of the few regrets of jackets I have sold!

asiamiles

CBI said:
true to size - at least for me, I had one and one of the few regrets of jackets I have sold!
My 38 runs true to size. It's quite fitted though, so if you think you may be looking to layer beneath it then you might want to consider going up one size...that said, the narrow sleeves probably mean you couldn't wear anything much thicker than a chambray shirt or a fine polo neck (those are what I wear under it) anyway.

Funny, I was thinking a couple of days ago if I should sell mine...the times I've worn it is probably in single figures.

John Lever

I had a 44 it was tight on my shoulders but too blousy on the waist. I wish I had kept it as they are are now about £650 !

jon11

Thank you guys. I looked at a 40" and 42" and the only iffy measurement on a 40"is the shoulders.

Rutger

I agree on all, I have a 43-44 chest and my 44 A1 doesn't leave much room in the shoulders, and yes the arms are way tighter than with a simliar size A2. I'd add that in period pics from the 30's they seem to have picked the more roomy sized than seems the fashion nowadays, which makes sense as they would surely prefer to move around comfortably rather than look fashionable.
Having said that, the Eastman A1 is an awesome piece of clothing.

CBI

I would love a time worn one! (Yes, even though some have suggested that the type of aging is not in line with proper cape aging, blah, blah). I still really love the look!

Rutger

The development of the BK A1 can be found throughout VLJ, if I didn't have the ELC I'd definitely have given the BK a shot. Besides, ELC and BK are the only ones that offer them on a regular basis (and are also accurate reproductions).