• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman new B-3

ausreenactor

John,

Have you seen one yet? Looks impressive. Like the stamped leather 'label'. Is that embossed onto a strap?

Couchy

Tim P

I applaud any additions to the range. that sheepskin would lend itself well to a B7. If I ever have £1,200 to spring though, it will not be for one of those. just not to my taste. \thinking living history, will a matching trouser be available?

MikeyB-17

It's pretty impressive, I applaud the hard work that's gone into reproducing it, but even if I had twelve hundred quid to spend on a jacket, I wouldn't get one of those. When it's new it's going to look way more conspicuous than I'd be comfortable with, and when it's worn in I think it'll just look grubby. Gimme a bog standard B-3 any day.

ButteMT61

$300 less and I'd get one down them road. Love that design myself, but since it seems so popular here, maybe they'll go in sale :lol:

B-Man2

If pricing trends continue ...........I believe we may be looking at repro A2's in the $1,500 to $1,700 range and sheepskin repro's in the $2,000 to $2,500 range in the next 3-5 years :eek:

bseal

MikeyB-17 said:
It's pretty impressive, I applaud the hard work that's gone into reproducing it, but even if I had twelve hundred quid to spend on a jacket, I wouldn't get one of those. When it's new it's going to look way more conspicuous than I'd be comfortable with, and when it's worn in I think it'll just look grubby. Gimme a bog standard B-3 any day.

Concur.

Roughwear

bseal said:
MikeyB-17 said:

Concur.

Concur +1. It's not for me, but a beautifully made jacket.

A

Anonymous

this jacket was already available by the Japanese repro makers long ago
I also applaud, it's a high quality jacket and very tasteful
and better street jacket than the regular b-3
depending on which streets you wear it.

there is also a longer version of it, like a coat, very nice stuff

SuinBruin

C'mon guys, the forum is for Eastman bashing only. Didn't you get the memo?

In all seriousness, this is a pretty cool jacket, though not very wearable. I respect Eastman for making it as it seems like a repro for repro's sake -- I doubt they'll sell too many of these but it's a nice homage to pre-WWII USAAC/AAF flight jackets.

ButteMT61

SuinBruin said:
C'mon guys, the forum is for Eastman bashing only. Didn't you get the memo?

In all seriousness, this is a pretty cool jacket, though not very wearable. I respect Eastman for making it as it seems like a repro for repro's sake -- I doubt they'll sell too many of these but it's a nice homage to pre-WWII USAAC/AAF flight jackets.

Well, how's this: the price is frickin' stupid.
Better?

SuinBruin

For what it is, the price isn't that bad. It's cheaper than a high end A-2 in Japan (check out what The Few jackets go for on Rakuten if you want to see "stupid" prices.)

ausreenactor

ausreenactor said:
Like the stamped leather 'label'. Is that embossed onto a strap?

'The nomenclature, which didn't carry a contract number, was stamped into the leather strap behind the collar, as opposed to a woven contract label that would normally be sewn inside the neck area.'

Need to read these pages more and look at the pics less.... I think you would look after it if you paid that much for it. I would not expect it to be given rough treatment.

Couchy