• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Leather RW 27752 A-2 Flight Jacket sz 44

ausreenactor

DUBOWA2 said:
Over priced ,

Rgds Jeff

How so?? ELC retail and shipping to the US is still well above $450..

Granted the Good Wear RW is a dead set ripper...but you would never get it for $450..

Couchy

A

Anonymous

How so! it has had a patch put on and removed ,this drops the price .

Rgds Jeff

Chandler

DUBOWA2 said:

Taken into account. As posted, ELC is selling the 27752 at $650 (+/-) USD these days. I paid $500 for it when I bought it back in '03. With shipping and it being a solid repro, I think it's worth $450. But that's JMO.

How many jackets you got Jeff? I think it's time you looked into an Eastman...

Chandler

A

Anonymous

Chandler said:
DUBOWA2 said:

Taken into account. As posted, ELC is selling the 27752 at $650 (+/-) USD these days. I paid $500 for it when I bought it back in '03. With shipping and it being a solid repro, I think it's worth $450. But that's JMO.

How many jackets you got Jeff? I think it's time you looked into an Eastman...

Chandler

My statement was based on the Good Wear I sold on Ebay with Ace signatures and near new but had a name tag removed,it sold for $400. and the coments from the forum members were its lost its value because of the stich holes .I have currently 5 A-2 jackets and 2 of them are Eastman ,Roughwear and a Eastman aero .I love them both and are a very well made jacket and I am lucky enough to have great horsehide on the both of them.I have owned three Aeros from Scotland but the cut leather thickness and the way they hang look wrong on me ,so I sold them off .I guess Aero is not for me but other people love them .

All the best Jeff

Chandler

DUBOWA2 said:
My statement was based on the Good Wear I sold on Ebay with Ace signatures and near new but had a name tag removed,it sold for $400.

JMO, but I think you were low-balled -- the signatures should have balanced out the name tag stitches. You think people didn't recognize Good Wear at that time?

Chandler

A

Anonymous

I should have kept it at least until the Redtails had been released ,we will see more appreciation for the Good Wear jacket .The reason I sold it at the time was to raise cash for a fellow member who was selling a bigger GW .I told him I would definately take it at the asked price just give me 5 days and he ended up selling it to someone else before the auction ended .The guy who I forget his name is a forum member and a cop in NJ ,I had bought other jackets from him at his price without messing him around but will not deal with him anymore .I do not think he posts anymore so I got shafted twice and ended up without a Goodwear .So that that story

All the best Jeff

Chandler

tcwu said:
Usually with patch, patch removed ,with paint on the back it won't go high on e-bay!

Not expecting "high," just fair.

Paint on the back? :?:

Jeff -- sorry for your loss, but check out the selling forum -- a nice GW at a bargain price, if it's your size.

Chandler

zoomer

Chandler said:
Paint on the back?
MA candidate in English at your service...

tcwu said:
Usually with patch, patch removed ,with paint on the back it won't go high on e-bay!
This had me fooled too until I parsed it a little. What he seems to mean is:
"Usually with patch, or patch removed , or with paint on the back it won't go high on e-bay!"
Ie, any of those conditions may affect the auction value. No paint is implied on the back of this 27752.

A

Anonymous

Chandler said:
tcwu said:

Not expecting "high," just fair.

Paint on the back? :?:

Jeff -- sorry for your loss, but check out the selling forum -- a nice GW at a bargain price, if it's your size.

Chandler

Thanks Chandler for your comments ,re the GW on the the forum I love it but alas it is to small for me .I need a 25" pit to pit and thats a 48 with 24" across the front .The jacket with the roundel would be exactly how I would have it ,especially a roundel from Jerome .I have had enough jackets through my hands to know this is not big enough,but thankyou for pointing it out .

All the Best Jeff

A

Anonymous

Dont think its going to make the reserve ,now at $290.00 .I think $350.00 would be a fair price .

All the best jeff

Chandler

tcwu said:
Most people does not like to deal with patch hole on the jacket.

Not a hole, and some people like to add patches to a jacket -- perfect opportunity and getting a quality repro to boot.

Point being, the jacket is brand new, other than the area where the patch was removed. It's worth more than some of the Coopers up for sale with outrageous BIN prices right now -- how about somebody starts a thread about the obvious ludicrousness of them? :roll:

Chandler