Eastman Leather - Above and Beyond...

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by ausreenactor, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ausreenactor

ausreenactor Well-Known Member

Gents,

I have to relate a tale of customer service that has eclipsed anything I have received to date from anybody in the WWII reproduction arena...

In late 2016 I put my ELC B-3 beyond its realistic range of movement when playing 'Footy' with Hayden after a local game. I was heartbroken and I engaged with a couple of the guys here with regard to advice and guidance. I was supported all the way with robust tips and advice. Given the finish of the ELC Rough Wear and my attachment to it, I had to return the item to Gary and the crew in the UK. It was my intent to adorn the jacket in a manner that would personalise it so much that I could not sell it on.

I engaged with Gary and Rob and was provided with shipping information to expedite the pathway for the jacket to ELC. ELC quickly quoted the repair work and subsidised shipping back to me. In the interim I liaised with Simon in the UK for some artwork. Simon sorted the art and chased up a likely timeframe for getting the jacket to him. I stated the jacket was with ELC. He then contacted Gary and arranged local shipping. I paid ELC for the repair on the lower right sleeve and the shipping to Simon.

Simon completed his wizardry and got me a shipping quote. I mentioned the quoted shipping from ELC and he then mentioned that ELC got a subsidised rate. Simon confirmed with ELC and arranged for the jacket to return to ELC. Rob and the crew took a peek and sent me an email stating they had the jacket and they would forward a tracking number once the jacket was away. Another good measure was throw in a 2017 calendar.

The service and feedback from ELC was amazing. Their endorsement of the artwork on their product was another positive. The jacket arrived repacked in ELC packaging and I popped the box today. Simon's art is worthy of it's own post; however, I have to raise a glass to all concerned at Eastman. Not sure how old my B-3 is but it made them happy to get their hands on it again.. Jacket has been to Japan, Australia and clocked up a trip home to Devon... Now here in Australia in perpetuity. Enjoy the pics..

20170401_135956.jpg

17758170_10210457990418736_1759269946_n.jpg

17692403_10210457991618766_384077879_o.jpg

bn1966, Smithy, Pilot and 8 others like this.
  2. Pete17

Pete17 Member

Congrats mate, that is one superb looking jacket! Awesome job by Simon.
    Well done to ELC, I've had some great customer service from them too. They're a great crew.

Enjoy the jacket and be careful playing footy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ausreenactor likes this.
  3. dujardin

dujardin Well-Known Member

splendid

btw - nice jacket

4. ausreenactor

Thanks mate!!

5. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

great story, great people, great art work

ausreenactor likes this.
  6. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Fantastic service from ELC and super artwork from Simon.

ausreenactor likes this.
  7. ausreenactor

The jacket itself required nothing short of everyone's best efforts.. Hence the round trip to the UK and back. I have never seen an ELC shearling like it. Have had three B-3s. Have had an Irvin and I still have their D-1...

Roughwear likes this.
  8. omarco

omarco Member

the jacket looks brilliant, who is the artist? i'd be interested in having some work done myself..

9. ausreenactor

Simon Williams.
    Jump on Facebook and look for The Type A-2 Jacket Appreciation Page and you will see his posts. Very good work, reasonably priced and great service. I am shipping my ELC Air Comfort across to finish up what Jerome stared in 2008.

10. Pilot

Pilot Active Member

ELC are great!
    Amongst the finest of all, so are their people.

11. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

That's really is bloody gold Couchy, love it!

Real question now is, was it league, Aussie rules or union which buggered it up ;)

12. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Active Member

Nothing like a seam down the center to make it a more complicated task . Gets my thumbs up ! she's is a beauty .

BIP

ausreenactor likes this.
  13. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Active Member

I once asked Eastman to replace a lining in a Roughwear they wanted $350 to do the job and postage was extra . I did not think that was such a great price .

BIP

14. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

ausreenactor likes this.
  15. ausreenactor

Certainly recall that A-2. Having an attachment to Townsville I have a keen interest in the USAAF units posted there... 7th and 9th Fighter Squadron are other 5th AAF units I get a kick out of..

Andrew likes this.