• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman launch Buzz Rickson site...

Cobblers161

Add to that the fact that the prices are frankly ludicrous.

I'll continue to buy from Japan via proxy where even with the crappy exchange rate it's still cheaper than buying from Eastman. I am starting to have a major downer on ELC as frankly the prices are way too high. I noticed that as soon as they linked up with American Classics in London, Eastman raised their prices in keeping with their new partner. American Classics have been over inflating prices for a fair old time and now Eastman, who prior to this were reasonable-ish, jumped on board. And I'm sorry but the whole exchange rate just don't wash it if that's bandied about as an excuse. As of now I will cease to purchase from them.

My dummy has been spat. :D

havocpaul

Your choice. I don't see their products (not BR imports) as any dearer than equivalent items from GW, Aero or any of the Jap makers. Exchange rates DO have an effect and no doubt our current political turmoil will make matters worse before they get better. Importing leather hides in particular will have significantly increased these last few years.

Cobblers161

Ok, my concern is the price of the sweats in particular. Pre-American classics they wetre a reasonable yet still expensive £65. As soon as AC were on board the price leapt to £85, oddly enough the same price AC had been knocking them out for for a long time.

If it were economics then fine, but it's not it's greediness. I have two considerations to take into account before admitting they are adversly affected by the exchange rate. Bulk and trade, two factors individuals have no concern over. I think it's about time this particular delaer stopped taking the michael. I haven't noticed anyone elses prices dramatically increase and in this I include UK importers of Japanese denim and shirts etc... Sorry but this really is eastman just being greedy.

Save yourself a a few quid and source it yourself from Japan. For example, the Chinos are retailing for £99.99, in Japan they retail at 10,000 yen which, with a bad exchange rate currently comes in at £65, and that's a bad rate! Add £20 for proxy and shipping and you're £15 better off. I bought mine a few months back for £50. You can bet your bottom dollar that once the exchange rate settles the prices on the Eastman site will remain the same. Unless of course they exhibit an element of decency and respect for the customer.

I'm not angry, just flummoxed that someone like Eastman can treat their punters in this fashion.

I blame Thatcher. :D

havocpaul

I will pass on commenting on their sweats or denims, I never even look at them as not my interest. I would expect buying direct from Japan to be cheaper anyhow, that's cutting out the 'middleman' so to speak. I have never been convinced ELC needed to be working with AC who as you say, have always charged premium prices for what I was once told was their 'clientel'! I think we could pick examples of price increasing and dare I say profiteering from any of the current manufacturers, I was surprised to see the true prices of NOS zips from Mash for example compared to what some quote for adding them to jackets but they are all businesses after all.

John Lever

Aero now charge the same price for their Anj-4 as ELC.
As I have said before the price increases could be a problem if the pound strengthens against the Dollar and Euro

Peter Graham

They are taking the piss. The M-42 jump jacket has increased in price by about £100 in less than a year and it's now £400 for an L-2. Their buisness is bound to suffer and they will deserve it.

rich

You're right, they did last year. I think Tim P bought their last MA-1 and they were not relisted for this year. They have the B-15C though, which must be just as bulky, although looking at the price (less than an L-2) they must be last year's stock?? :?