• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Dubow

Thomas.m

The Eastman Dubow is a great jacket beautifully made and of high quality. But as a copy of a Dubow it is not very good.

The collar is just way off. This is the most characterictic thing about a Dubow and the Eastman version is not right. I've never seen an original like it.

The pocket spacing is too far from the zipper. i know that some old Dubows may have pockets a bit further from the zipper but again I've never seen one as widely spaced as an Eastman Dubow and it is far from typical. The "normal" spacing for a Dubow is going to be close to the zipper- why copy the exception?

The epaulets on the Eastman are another miss. They are loose and active- the Xboxes aren't big enough so the epaulets lift off the shoulder like a Rough Wear or Aero. Not typical.

The overall shape is generic Eastman- sort of like their RW and some even look like their Star. This isn't necessarily bad for a jacket but if what you want is a WW2 Dubow the Eastman misses. Beautiful jacket- but does it look like a Dubow?

View attachment 97517

I do agree! The position of ELC spec-label is also not correct, it’s near the leather hanger, but label of original Dubow is far away from the leather hanger. I think you can also find the wrong details of ELC spec-label.

johnwayne

I was today years old when I found out Eastman produced a Dubow.. I was about to ask why they hadn’t , but I was wrong in the first place. Nick do u still own that Dubow
As an original Dubow owner I was surprised to to learn ELC actually produced one! Not sure how long they’ve been reproducing them, thought it might be just for ‘Elite Units’ sky rocket priced versions!! Anyone noticed on ELC classifieds someone wants to buy an ELC Perry which as far as I know they’ve never reproduced, unless someone tells me otherwise but a maker I think would be a good addition.