• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN B-2 CAP - US$207!!

handworn

That was me, actually, who was the underbidder. No one makes the damn things in my hat size any more-- no one who does them well, anyway; flightjacket.com's is poor, IMHO-- and this was the first one I've ever seen in 7 3/4. There aren't many people with heads that size, so there can't have been many sold back when Eastman was making them.

Eastman, by the way, ignored my question about whether they could do a one-off in 7 3/4 for more money, for me. They tried stretching a 7 1/2 and it failed miserably.

I was told I was bidding against a militaria dealer who asked the first time to cancel his bid, as the most he could get for it would be $250 and it was too close to that for the profit to be worth it. I don't know that I believe that. That much for the real thing would be an ambitious retail price, absent provenance or art or something. Though repros are not unfrequently more expensive than the originals; that's the price we pay for preserving the originals from further wear.

Anyway. I'm accustomed to a struggle to find hats and caps in my size, so, yes, I pay a premium for 'em when they do come up.

Hunter57

I bought another of these in 7 3/4 two years ago, but I know I didn't pay that much for it. I lucked out, but even so, it's still a bit snug. I also have one from Shaul at Flightjackets.com, but the build quality is nowhere near that of ELC.

I wish Eastman would make a larger B-1 cap, for that matter.

Andrew

Sorry to hear about that. I also bought a few items from him and he was generally ok, one of which was an A-4 flight suit that a Dealer refused to take due to some undisclosed holes.

That's crazy Eastman won't make what is really just a modern head size.

ausreenactor

They baulked when I enquired if I could buy a Time-Worn just as is would have been issued. Like an Unworn-Time-Worn! :lol:

Couchy

handworn

Can anyone comment on the accuracy of The Few's B-2? The shearling fold at the sides of the head looks like it extends a little too far up, and I've never seen the AAF logo stamped on the back like that; has anyone?

deeb7 said:
Hunter57 said:
Nothing listed there large than 7 5/8.

The link was for Miles, so he could see where the caps were hiding on the site. The size 8 was added this year, but The Few haven't updated.

If you need to see it, here's Custom King ...

http://www.c-king.jp/fewjac/fewsp9020.html