• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B-15

Stony

Are there any previous threads or any current feedback on Eastman's B-15 cloth?

Thanks in advance,

Stony

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
If it's anything like their B-10 it should be good, and if you're trying to decide, the B-10 v B-15 thread should help ...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=993

With this cranky forum Search, B*15 will get results.

Stony

Who else makes a repro B-15 besides Eastman? If so, which one is the best bang for the buck?

better duck

Hey Dave,

I recently acquired one. Haven't taken the time yet to post about it, but if you like I can post pics. I have both the ELC B10 and B15 now, and am hard put to say which is my favorite jacket now.
I like the cut of the B10 better, I think, but much appreciate handwarmer pockets (a first on a AAF jacket) and the LARGE inside pockets of the B15.

A

Anonymous

I had both but sold my B-10 in favour of my ELC B-15. very practical cut and loads of storage space. I too could post photos but Peter is a better photographer than I ! I'm currently taking photos of my three cloth Buzz deck jackets for the cloth section and might post the B-15 there cheers,
Dave

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
better duck said:
Hey Dave,

I recently acquired one. Haven't taken the time yet to post about it, but if you like I can post pics.

Don't worry about me, Peter, I'm good with my Buzz B-10's ... but Stony might like to see them. The forum could do with more on the B-15, my earlier search didn't turn up too much.

better duck

Here are my pictures. Not any detailed ones yet, I'm afraid: the ones I took were too blurred. A moving experience, taking those photos ... ;)

This is what you see when you open the box:
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

The color the jacket has here is closest to what it looks like in daylight. The last two pics were flashed.

IMG_0212-1.jpg

And here is me wearing it: hands in pockets!! The B15 was, as far I can tell, the first military flight jacket, that had official handwarmer pockets!

IMG_2944.jpg

Some of us complained (in an earlier thread) about the size of the collar on the B15. It is definitely bigger than the one on the B10, but very comfortable and warm in the neck.
The off-centre zipper is an interesting, but rather pointless characteristic of the B15. Don't really see any practical advantage, that I can think of. Anybody?

IMG_2947.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
better duck said:
The off-centre zipper is an interesting, but rather pointless characteristic of the B15. Don't really see any practical advantage, that I can think of. Anybody?

It's much easier for a pilot to zip up with one hand, in an arc towards the wearer. Miles also found that the collar was symmetrical, when the jacket was worn open ... with a central zipper it would droop on one side.

Weasel_Loader

Love the photos Peter.

I have an ELC B-10 and love it dearly. Only down side (as everyone already said) is no hand warmers. I do have a Buzz B-15C when I need those though. ;)