• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early MA-1 / Lackland Inspector General

a2jacketpatches

Not the best shape, but I'll say half way decent MA-1 with decal, radio wire tabs, and O2 clip strip. Stenciled Lackland IG on the back. Smaller size, can't read white label, OK for a ten spot I'd say. Measurements are as follows.
Chest 23"
Sleeve 25"
Shoulders 20"
Back 22.5"

oose

I think you will find its a B-15D Mod with replaced later zip. Good score!

All the best
Stu

a2jacketpatches

oose said:
I think you will find its a B-15D Mod with replaced later zip. Good score!

All the best
Stu

Well waddaya know!!! Thanks for the info. As usual, all of the regulars down at the swap meet walked right by it thinking it was a modern jacket from Nellis in bad condition. Also, got a very nice condition silver zip M-65 from the lady right next to the B-15 vendor, bought it right off her back for 15-

oose

6148th T.C.Squadron said:
Nice jacket! question would it devalue the jacket if the knits were properly replaced?

I think the rip in the front and the replaced zip have done that already :D :twisted: , anything you did could only improve it!

Stu

oose said:
Nice jacket! question would it devalue the jacket if the knits were properly replaced?

I think the rip in the front and the replaced zip have done that already :D :twisted: , anything you did could only improve it!

Stu
Generally speaking, if you have an older black label nylon suffering from knit fatigue, is it ok from a value stand point to replace?

oose

For me I try to repair as much as possible, you can often get good results (see link). It does effect it for me and I would not tend to buy a jacket with replaced Knits as its quite a difficult job to do well and most cuff replacement are generally not done well, but the are always exceptions, plus jacket rarity must also be a big part of the equation.

http://www.cc9.ne.jp/~rin-wrg/repair-sono6.htm

All the best
Stu

Peter Graham

Generally speaking, if you have an older black label nylon suffering from knit fatigue, is it ok from a value stand point to replace?
I would say yes, for sure, as long as it's done professionally and using the correct knits. With a few exceptions, nylon jackets are not hugely rare or valuable so I reckon the best policy is to repair them well and enjoy them.

Peter Graham said:
I would say yes, for sure, as long as it's done professionally and using the correct knits. With a few exceptions, nylon jackets are not hugely rare or valuable so I reckon the best policy is to repair them well and enjoy them.
I figured unless you have a real rare jacket, or a special owned by lets say Yeager, or Stewart, make it look great and wear it.

a2jacketpatches

This one is beat up, and smells a little of smoke, but I'm sure someone out there will give me a few bucks for it. For the 10- I spent, it was worth learning the details so far and I'll study it over the week as well while the auction takes it away.