• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dubow mfg

B-Man2

Let’s see if we can all put our collective heads together, and through the use of Extra Sensory Perception, come up with the one individual who would be rude and obnoxious enough to have sent that PM to Nathan.............. ok ok .... I’m thinking ...... I’m getting heavy vibes ..... here’s the first letter of the name ...... ok ....... got it .... ok ....... thinking thinking .... ok ... here’s the second letter... ok got it....... wait ....... here’s another letter coming through .........Wow!!!
Damn you guys are good!!
This ESP stuff is AMAZING!!:D:D;)

Last edited:

Smithy

come up with the one individual who would be rude and obnoxious enough to have sent that PM to Nathan

I don't know if I was trying to be rude or obnoxious Burt but I PMed Nathan. I'd received a lot of PMs when I brought up getting vendor rules on here and one or two said that it was unlikely to happen due to Ken sponsoring VLJ and/or TFL. I wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth and PMed Nathan to ask him whether this was true to which he obviously responded no way. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, merely wanted to get the straight dope as the kids say after having it suggested to me. I'm a firm believer that it's better to confront rumours and get the truth than let speculation fester.

Pilot

For my information:
Did this WW2 contract have them in seal?
I only saw them as WW2 originals, in russet.
Thx. for your info.

Smithy

Sorry but I don't see it like that. It has been known forever that no vendors sponsor this forum. You called Nathan out and to me that's pretty disrespectful.

How on earth was asking a question being disrepectful? I was told that this was a possibility by another member via PM. I haven't been around here as long as you but I had no idea whether there was sponsorship here or not. I knew it has been done at TFL so after being PMed and having it suggested to me I thought I'd ask the guy who runs the place to find out whether this was true or not. I privately PMed Nathan to ask which I thought was the best thing to do.

Ken at Aero Leather

Can I just confirm, Aero have never sponsored any forum, we did have a forum called 20th Century Classic linked to our website around 1998-2004
It had a VERY light touch moderation-wise, not done by anyone at Aero but by a lad called Brian Barthwick from South Carolina, whom I've never met, and who volunteered his services. No post was ever removed, no poster ever reprimanded although it was a bit of a rough house at times but we were all adults
Thurston Bros are an affiliated member on Fedora Lounge, Denny and Holly from Aero are members but rarely post, only answering specific questions direct to themselves.

I knew when I joined VLJ I knew that I was putting my head into the Lion's Den but, what the heck, I'm a Highlander, we've been doing that for centuries.........who was it walked in front of the "Over The Top" charge in the trenches with no weapon other than a set of bagpipes.

I'm not even a member of Fedora Lounge ......... and BTW why on earth do one or two of the more negative posters on vLJ refer to it as "The Hat Place" ? Don't they realise that by doing so they are only elevating the status of The Fedora Lounge by their negativity, rather than degrading it.
Nobody in Scotland makes fun of Partick Thistle or Raith Rovers, Stenhousemuir et al.............only Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers, unfortunately the others don't count..............even Caley Thistle :>(

Sorry to bring in local history into the thread..........

Ole

Banned
Since the thread has already derailed here's what I think.

Nathan was nowhere in the thread for 11 pages and has only 55 posts in the forum. (I am like the newest member and have more than 100) but he was probably urgently notified to save Ken so he rushed in.

Nathan, my proxy server is in Greece, but tomorrow it can be in Edinburgh, Paris, Prague or wherever the hell I want. I can also be in London, Stockholm, Rome, or wherever the hell I want. You know why? Because my paycheck is bigger than yours, my car is bigger than yours, my house is bigger than yours, my swimming pool is bigger than yours, my yacht is bigger than yours and my wife is more beautiful than yours. You want to hear some more?

So don't try to bully me because you are the moderator here. That will not work.

Also Nathan, please let us know, the fact that Ken, directly or indirectly, pays you, what does it make you? His employee or his servant?

Since I've received a PM insinuating that I may have relationship with Ken and Aero, I figured I'd clarify here.

VLJ has no sponsors. I pay for all of its expenses out of my own pocket. Neither Ken nor Aero have ever provided financial support or consideration to me, VLJ, or the Fedora Lounge. I have never even owned or purchased any items from Aero, period.

Sorry but your excuses do not convince anyone. Ken admitted that Thurston Bros are an affiliated member on Fedora Lounge. Please let us know how much is the subscription to become an affiliated member? And if Ken does not pay you, Thurston Bros do, and Thurston Bros are Ken's no 1 customer in USA. And if Thurston Bros sponsor TFL and you are moderator on both TFL and VLJ, then it's in your best interest to protect Ken. So please, with all due respect, you better drop the BS (with no disrespect).

What transactions you guys have between you is your business and keep it that way but please do not insult our intelligence.

So John please leave Smithy alone.

Roughwear, I don't know anything more than DNA testing than you do.

And Ken please remove my photo which you posted without my permission.

Ken also please don't insult our intelligence. The fact that these two leathers have different color doesn't mean that they are not the same item from the same supplier.

So, where were we?

Ken at Aero Leather

OH, no, not another pissing contest? The chip on your shoulder seems to bigger than most, I'll grant you

It clearly states on FL for all to see that Thurston Bros are affiliate members
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/insurrection-thurston-bros-official-affiliate-thread.70770/
No secret, same with HPA and probably others too, it's all totally transparent

Thurston are a stockist of Aero, no more, no less.

Which of the three photos is of you?

The leather.........Different colour? yes, Different grain? yes, Different finish? flat v. sheen? Yes

Ole

Banned
I didn't say it was a secret.
It was always clear enough that TFL gets money from your side of the pond.

Also, you misunderstood me. There's nothing wrong about giving, taking a little money.
But a man has got to admit it, not pretending that he isn't taking any and lecture us about morals and good behavior.

Also Ken, I never understood what your avatar photo is about, but it surely looks like this:

young-pretty-lady-defending-pervert-260nw-442904914.jpg

About the leather, it's not my business to say what it is. I just said you can't say it isn't what they say it is by just referring us to two photos in which it looks different.

Ken at Aero Leather

I didn't say it was a secret.
It was always clear enough that TFL gets money from your side of the pond.

Also, you misunderstood me. There's nothing wrong about giving, taking a little money.
But a man has got to admit it, not pretending that he isn't taking any and lecture us about morals and good behavior.

Also Ken, I never understood what your avatar photo is about, but it surely looks like this:

young-pretty-lady-defending-pervert-260nw-442904914.jpg

About the leather, it's not my business to say what it is. I just said you can't say it isn't what they say it is by just referring us to two photos in which it looks different.

Neither VLJ nor The Fedora Lounge have ever received a penny from Aero, never have, never will. Period (as they say in The States).
For someone running a multi National Company you are having a lot of difficulty understanding a straightforward subject

Yes my avatar is a Highland Version of the flasher's raincoat.

I believe the conversation before the photo was taken went something like this.............

Visitor to Scotland : "Is anything worn under the Kilt?"
Teuchter : "No, as you can see everything is in full working order!"