• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doesn't Look Right?

TankBuster

I think it looks good too. The Aero is pristine as is the artwork, so at least that matches. Without more provenance though, no one will know for sure.

Roughwear

I agree with the follow up comments. It's an lightly worn original Aero which the vet may well have had painted at the end of his tour, which was fairly common practice I believe.

JDAM

Rocky said:
To me this one doesn't look original.

Why do you think that?

Looks fine to me, though the skills and techniques obviously exist to produce high-end fake art. We have seen it before.

Rocky

JDAM said:
Rocky said:
To me this one doesn't look original.

Why do you think that?

Looks fine to me, though the skills and techniques obviously exist to produce high-end fake art. We have seen it before.

To me it looks like there is some wear on the sleeves of the jacket, and some on the shoulders. The paint shows no wear or cracking what so ever.
Being over sixty years old I sure would expect to see some wear or cracking on the paint.

What convinces you guys think its period painted?

Roughwear

This is exactly what I would expect from a jacket that was painted just before the vet returned to the USA and stored the jacket in his footlocker for the last 67 years. There is nothing about the art work that suggests a recent paint job.