• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does it still fit? Rediscovered Dubow ...

Mr. Mike

Gentlemen!
I just 'rediscovered' my Dubow and chances are that I outgrew it unfortunately :oops:. However, as always with great garment to which cling some memories you try to convince yourself it isn't really the case. To counter this self-cheating effect I thought it may make most sense to ask the experts for a quick and honest (unfiltered) feedback - does it still fit or is it too much of a stretch by now?
thanks a lot for your view(s) indeed!
cheers

1628867862577.png
1628867906062.png
1628867920808.png
1628867942562.png
1628867992895.png

Attachments

• 1628867968159.png
    1628867968159.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 1628868005377.png
    1628868005377.png
    211.2 KB · Views: 136

mulceber

Looks fine to me, Mike. If it was your only A-2, I might suggest getting a second jacket in a more relaxed fit, but that just looks like a slightly more fitted A-2 to me. I have one or two that fit like that. I'd keep that Dubow, if I were you.

Flightengineer

Looks good for my taste.
The main question is how do you feel in it? Is it comfy? If yes, then everything is OK. Only you can determine it yourself.
Btw I can honestly say when I had such questions, I usually already realized that I stopped liking / fitting the jacket, and after that I sold it usually quickly.
A-2 should be enjoyable and comfortable, if you not happy with it - then why should it keep?

Last edited:

Brettafett

Fits looks 'borderline trim' to me, but as always, "how does it feel to you? Are you able to manoeuvre in it, not just standing, arms relaxed at your sides?".
Im inclined to say you'd be better wearing a size up.
Thats not to say sell it, its a great jacket and you may well fit back into it at some point.

Smithy

After all these years of jacket malarkey, I'll tell you one thing.

It doesn't matter a hoot what other people think of pictures of you in your jacket. It's doesn't matter how nice it looks when you're not wearing it.

It all comes down to how it feels when you're wearing it. That's it and nothing more.

If it doesn't feel right, that little niggle will grow and will eventually mean you become more and more disinclined to wear it.

One other thing, always choose comfort first. You might look a million bucks but if you're uncomfortable you'll start to hate wearing a jacket.

Greg Gale

The fit looks on the trim side but totally fine, we've seen way trimmer jackets in period photos. So if you're worried about the look, don't be. The lengths as perfectly fine too.

If ,however, as others have said, it feels uncomfortably snug, restricts your movement more that you'd expect an A-2 to do, then pass it on and use the money for another one.