• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Suffer From Amnesya?

wop54

I met a client a couple of days ago. The dress code was "business casual" and I decided to wear my A2. The client kept staring at my nametag and, after a while, I think that he realized there was my name on it and not the "griffe" of the jacket and he said: Forgive my asking, do you suffer from amnesya by any chance? :lol: I swear, he wasn't kidding :lol:
Cheers, ..... mmmmh whats my name again?

Milu

Re: Do You Suffer Of Amnesya?

I also have clients with IQs and shoe sizes in the same numerical range.

jacketimp

thank goodness membership on VLJ is not based on IQ but passion for militaria. :D

i have to confess, padre.....i'm suffering from mneesia........IQ on the down :(

i failed MENSA............. :oops:

what else ws i going to say.........it'll come back to me by and by......... :?: oh yes thank goodness membership on the VLJ is not based on IQ but passion for the militaria : :lol:

asiamiles

In all seriousness, I'd like to ask why people do want to have nametags on their jackets. I've always assumed nametags were put on originals so that owners could ID their jackets; am I wrong? The idea of a nametag telling anyone and everyone who could read it my name is something I find rather offputting.

Vcruiser

In my view..the main purpose of a nametag was and is for other military personel to immediately be able to identify who you are...and what to call you...such as Lt. V. P. Brown.
At least that was the purpose when I was in the Army.
As far as repros or later flight jackets..I think a nametag adds more of a WW2...Korea,..Nam...appearance. Same as certain patches. BTW..who says that the nametag must have your real name on it. Afterall most of us aren't real aviators or even claiming to be.
Van

A

Anonymous

Hold there Vanny! How can you tell there IS a pilot in the room? Don't worry, he will tell you.

wop54

asiamiles said:
In all seriousness, I'd like to ask why people do want to have nametags on their jackets. I've always assumed nametags were put on originals o that owners could ID their jackets; am I wrong? The idea of a nametag telling anyone and everyone who could read it my name is something I find rather offputting.
Out of joke, seen how people react when watching my nametag (at least they ask: why?) i will never have a nametag again...when i ordered my A2 i intended to use it only during historical vehicols reunions, things change when you use it on a daily basys. One question: could i have it removed and cover the holes with a patch? Is it something that could have happened during ww2? Cheers, Carlo

Roughwear

wop54 said:
asiamiles said:
In all seriousness, I'd like to ask why people do want to have nametags on their jackets. I've always assumed nametags were put on originals o that owners could ID their jackets; am I wrong? The idea of a nametag telling anyone and everyone who could read it my name is something I find rather offputting.
Out of joke, seen how people react when watching my nametag (at least they ask: why?) i will never have a nametag again...when i ordered my A2 i intended to use it only during historical vehicols reunions, things change when you use it on a daily basys. One question: could i have it removed and cover the holes with a patch? Is it something that could have happened during ww2? Cheers, Carlo

Hi Carlo, Of course you could remove the name tag and cover it with a squadron patch. I seen this done occasionally on originals. More often you see additional holes where another name tag has been sewn on.

wop54

Roughwear said:
wop54 said:
asiamiles said:

Hi Carlo, Of course you could remove the name tag and cover it with a squadron patch. I seen this done occasionally on originals. More often you see additional holes where another name tag has been sewn on.
Thank you, Andrew. I think that i'll recover from my amnesya soon :D As for the patch, what would you recommend on A2 Star with shoulder decal? Which squadron? Tissue or leather? Cheers, Carlo

Roughwear

Carlo there are many patches to chose from. Have a look at the patch section of the forum for some ideas. I would go for a leather patch.

jacketimp

[quote="wop54
I think that i'll recover from my amnesya soon :D As for the patch, what would you recommend on A2 Star with shoulder decal? Which squadron? Tissue or leather? Cheers, Carlo[/quote][/quote][/quote]

pronto recovery from mneesia, padre......must be the will of god

i suffer from dixlesia so that's why i cna't have name tags....

wop54

jacketimp said:
[quote="wop54
I think that i'll recover from my amnesya soon :D As for the patch, what would you recommend on A2 Star with shoulder decal? Which squadron? Tissue or leather? Cheers, Carlo
[/quote][/quote]

pronto recovery from mneesia, padre......must be the will of god

i suffer from dixlesia so that's why i cna't have name tags....[/quote]
Dislexya? Amnesya? Use a blank nametag: either u can't read it or remember to read it... :lol:

jacketimp

Dislexya? Amnesya? Use a blank nametag: either u can't read it or remember to read it... :lol:[/quote]

yes my mind is.......blank

scusa, padre

wop54

R
Roughwear said:
Carlo there are many patches to chose from. Have a look at the patch section of the forum for some ideas. I would go for a leather patch.
R
Roughwear said:
Thanks again Andrew. I need one last suggestion: where can i buy a good quality decent price leather sqn patch? Regards, Carlo

Curahee

wop54 said:
R
Roughwear said:
R
Roughwear said:
Thanks again Andrew. I need one last suggestion: where can i buy a good quality decent price leather sqn patch? Regards, Carlo

Try Aero, Fligth Suits also have small but nice collection of historical
WWII patches. Maybe the 319 Troop Carrier and the CBI shield (over
the AAF decal) and the AAF shield on the right shoulder. The 319th
can cover the nameplate stich marks.

CHECK6

I Carlo i can make you the patch you need just send me a copy of it at my email adress
i will do it ,and send you a pic of it ,if its ok i ll sale it to you if not ,not a problem for me,it will be sold here in BELGIUM
The price for a patch vary from 20 to 30 €
[email protected]
have a bandit day
FAB