• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did AERO produce the D-1 MECHANICS jacket?

bbp2199

I recently acquired this pocketless D-1.
I have been informed that it is an early model, but I could not find any evidence on the internet that AERO produced the original D-1.
If anyone has FULL GEAR, please let me know!

Attachments

• D-1.jpg
    D-1.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 147

bbp2199

Full Gearは持っていませんが、Type D-1の正規のメーカーです。

あなたの画像をいくつか投稿できますか?
Thanks!!!
I like and collect US Army clothing from the 40's so it's probably authentic .
But I have never purchased sheepskin gear .
I will send you a picture.
The collar and underarms have been repaired and replaced with new leather.
The zippers have also been changed to CONMAR.

Attachments

• D-1-01.jpg
    D-1-01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • D-1-02.jpg
    D-1-02.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
  • D-1-03.jpg
    D-1-03.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
  • D-1-04.jpg
    D-1-04.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 115
  • D-1-05.jpg
    D-1-05.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Dany McDonald

Quickly looking at you images and man that is a nice D-1... Looks almost too new!

You could just swap the slider with an original period correct Conmar. I love the simple cut of D-1's.

You are lucky to have found this.

D

bbp2199

素敵なD-1であるあなたの画像と男をすばやく見ています...ほとんど新しすぎるように見えます!

スライダーを元の期間の正しいコンマーと交換するだけです. D-1のシンプルなカットが好きです。

これを見つけたあなたは幸運です。

D
I love my Talon M-42 Zipper so I'm going to replace it with that!
I have a sheepskin liner from a vintage coat that I plan to color and replace the collar with it.

mulceber

Welcome to the board. Your jacket is actually Aero's first D-1 contract, from Fiscal Year 1941. The contract is W535-AC 17755. The War Supply Contracts (massive tome of data on contracts issued by the US Gov't during WW2) says that that contract was issued in February of 1941 and completed in August of the same year. Interestingly, Aero had a B-3 contract of the same number. It was not uncommon for orders for different shearling jacket types to be placed in the same contract, so this isn't suspicious, it's just cool.

JonnyCrow

Quickly looking at you images and man that is a nice D-1... Looks almost too new!

You could just swap the slider with an original period correct Conmar. I love the simple cut of D-1's.

You are lucky to have found this.

D
Was that Japanese I saw? Had to translate, nice looking jacket

Pilot

Welcome to the board. Your jacket is actually Aero's first D-1 contract, from Fiscal Year 1941. The contract is W535-AC 17755. The War Supply Contracts (massive tome of data on contracts issued by the US Gov't during WW2) says that that contract was issued in February of 1941 and completed in August of the same year. Interestingly, Aero had a B-3 contract of the same number. It was not uncommon for orders for different shearling jacket types to be placed in the same contract, so this isn't suspicious, it's just cool.
Bravo!
Full Gear calls it second version..

Attachments

• 3070299E-18B0-44D6-92D3-DACFB8E62D03.jpeg
    3070299E-18B0-44D6-92D3-DACFB8E62D03.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 108

bbp2199

Is the collar original? looks fairly good condition to me, it's only original once! Id keep as is
The collar is clearly a recent sheepskin and the shape is different from the original.
There may not be enough difference to be of concern, but...
I am a vintage leather enthusiast and would like to rebuild the collar with some old mouton leather I have!

P-47 thunderbolt

The collar is clearly a recent sheepskin and the shape is different from the original.
There may not be enough difference to be of concern, but...
I am a vintage leather enthusiast and would like to rebuild the collar with some old mouton leather I have!
Ah fair enough! I need to do a collar on am m422a but haven't gotten round to it.