• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Der Fuehrer's Face....

ties70

....this happens when you have too much time (my wife is in Baltimore this week)...

My version of Disney's "der Fuehrer's Face". I thought it would be great for a bomber nose art, so I got me some canvas and started my version of a planes side panel...

fuehrers_face001.jpg

fuehrers_face002.jpg

fuehrers_face003.jpg

It is completely hand made, no airbrush...I have tried some "weathering techniques" from scale modelling, and for the bombs and letters I have made some templates.

Ties

Andrew

That is brilliant. Are you planning to frame it somehow?

Ties, you know if you had kids there'd be no such thing as spare time....

dmar836

Awesome! That would go great in someone's war room! Do you have a model room where you could hang it?
Dave
Kansas City

dujardin

all my feeling is already said.
wowwwwwwwwwww wonderfulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
you did exactly what i wish to be able to do.
but i'm unable to paint, i have no artist talent.

wow it's splendid

marcel

ties70

Guys, thanks for the feedback...

I wish I had room for all my stuff.
Right now, a lot of the patches I have made so far were framed and are hanging in my wife's home office...."der Fuehrer's Face" is a different story, though: She has told me that showing pictures of Hitler, no matter what style, is an absolute "No". I painted it anyway....even without a place to hang it...

Ties

Andrew

ties70 said:
Guys, thanks for the feedback...

I wish I had room for all my stuff.
Right now, a lot of the patches I have made so far were framed and are hanging in my wife's home office...."der Fuehrer's Face" is a different story, though: She has told me that showing pictures of Hitler, no matter what style, is an absolute "No". I painted it anyway....even without a place to hang it...

Ties

Gee, she's a bit sensitive isn't she? :lol:

Seriously though I suspect you won't have any trouble finding a home for it.

ties70

[/quote]

Gee, she's a bit sensitive isn't she? :lol:

Seriously though I suspect you won't have any trouble finding a home for it.[/quote]

She is a teacher, and one of her subjects is history....as a teacher in Germany you are a public servant, so you don't want to give the impression that you "play" something like the 3rd Reich "down"....

Ties

Cobblers161

Beautiful work Ties, you've a real talent for this. I must get my patch choices sorted out for you before the demand for your skills increases!

deand

Very well done! Refusal to hang from the spouse equals suffering for your art! The great ones must!

dean

dmar836

From the painting, I think that constituted "playing down" Hitler. Germans, understandably, have quite a different perspective of WWII.

It should probably be displayed proudly in my motorcycle garage!! What size is it?

Dave
Kansas City