• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Customs for purchases from Japan

A

Anonymous

Anyone has any experience?

What did you import?
How much did you pay?

ausreenactor

Zip! Used a shipping service. Did pay a commision though. But the savings on the jackets outweigh any levies imposed..

Couchy

mindful

John Lever said:
I paid Bid service a commission but no tax on import.

hi john is thats how it works when using the bid service you don't get any customs tax charges because they don't put a price on the item :?:

John Lever

ft
JPY 3000 was the declared value for my B2.
Bid service charges 10% commission. The jacket arrived very quickly and was well packed.
If you are a smaller size then it's fantastic on Yahoo Japan, but jackets bigger than 40 are rare though.

Dr H

Hi John
Need to chat to you over a beer (this week?) about this as I'd like to source a 37J1B using this route.
The buttons on my BK A-1 now changed to better effect.

mindful

John Lever said:
ft
JPY 3000 was the declared value for my B2.
Bid service charges 10% commission. The jacket arrived very quickly and was well packed.
If you are a smaller size then it's fantastic on Yahoo Japan, but jackets bigger than 40 are rare though.

That's good to know john thanks

ausreenactor

Dr H said:
Hi John
Need to chat to you over a beer (this week?) about this as I'd like to source a 37J1B using this route.
The buttons on my BK A-1 now changed to better effect.

Here is a 40 at nearly US$500... plus the shipping..

I have NEVER seen a 44. Rakuten have nothing and they are the centralised selling location for
the Japanese vendors..

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vint ... m/mj12003/

You are chasing the Holy Grail in my opinion... Did they make a 44?

Couchy

ausreenactor

Dr H said:
Hi Couchy

It's the search for rocking horse poop, but they did make them:

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/pr ... d=2919&pg=

To my eternal shame and chagrin I failed to buy one when I had the chance (in the 44/XXL) reckoning tha tI'd get one later/used - never live that one down... :oops:

Do not be so hard on yourself. We have ALL been there at one point or another. I sat and watched Billabong shares rise from $0.12 a share (I waded in at $0.16 a share and I whimped out every time I logged back in) to reach $0.71 a share while overseas. The CO even mentioned Billabong shares in the final speech to us...I let my wife and 'paranoid Couchy' do me out of nearly $140,000 profit on a speculated investment of $50,000 over two and a bit weeks.....I would have sold in the $0.60s before they fell to mid $0.40s where they sit now.. The guys in the office asked me how much I failed to make daily as they jumped by a few cents a day.. Same in 2008 when I came back from overseas and the Aussie dollar fell from the mid 90s to 60 cents. I was keen to transfer it all to Paypal and exchange it for USD. In three months I would have nearly doubled my money. Told off Tianna for blocking my transfers when it slid to $0.90, then again at $0.80 and then at $0.70. Should have just smacked her in the mouth everytime and the Billabong thing would have been a goer for sure.. ;) Woulda, coulda..shoulda... Didn't.. My kids are here, I have my health...and a Cash's Commendation set that cost the Australian taxpayer AU$9.00!! Alles güt!!

Put a notice on the ELC forum/board/thingy..

They are out there...