• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Leather Patch source needed

TXFlyGuy

Looking for a custom leather patch artist to make several patches of WWII vintage style to go on an A-2.
The patches needed are:

24th Infantry Division (3 1/4")
Western Pacific Theater (3 1/4")
US Army (5 1/2")

TXFlyGuy

Roughwear said:
Why would you want to put an infantry patch on a USAAF A2? :eek:

Douglas Macarthur wore an A-2, my Dad served under him in the 24th. We are making a "Tribute" jacket for him.

Roughwear

6148th T.C.Squadron said:
He's doing a tribute jacket, so what !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's indeed what he says he is doing! I just hope it turns out better than the Jimmy Stewart one that is always on Ebay.

Vcruiser

Hey..he's doing up a 'repro A2' for his elderly Father who actually participated in WW2 in the infantry. That's why he is putting patches on it relating to the infantry. A personal tribute jacket to present to his father as a gift. He wants to make it as historically looking as possible..but using leather examples of his Father's units,etc. A very nice gesture on his part.
Get your nose out of the air and be more welcoming to a new member. He'll find out you're the big cheese here soon enough. :roll: He's trying to find someone to make somewhat aged patches to look good on this repro A2 for his Dad. Why not recommend someone and play nice..??
Van

Vcruiser

TXFlyGuy said:
Looking for a custom leather patch artist to make several patches of WWII vintage style to go on an A-2.
The patches needed are:

US Army (5 1/2")

I suggest this guy: a2jacketpatches.
He's at the top of patch makers and a member here..and there are several others here as well.
Van

TXFlyGuy

Vcruiser said:
TXFlyGuy said:
The patches needed are:

US Army (5 1/2")

He's at the top of patch makers and a member here..and there are several others here as well.
Van

Thanks! Looks like the first beer is on me.

a2jacketpatches

Vcruiser said:
TXFlyGuy said:
The patches needed are:

US Army (5 1/2")

Van

Thanks for the plug Van, and Roughwear, not familiar with the Jimmy Stewart jacket but I assure you he'll be in good hands.

Roughwear

Vcruiser said:
Hey..he's doing up a 'repro A2' for his elderly Father who actually participated in WW2 in the infantry. That's why he is putting patches on it relating to the infantry. A personal tribute jacket to present to his father as a gift. He wants to make it as historically looking as possible..but using leather examples of his Father's units,etc. A very nice gesture on his part.
Get your nose out of the air and be more welcoming to a new member. He'll find out you're the big cheese here soon enough. :roll: He's trying to find someone to make somewhat aged patches to look good on this repro A2 for his Dad. Why not recommend someone and play nice..??
Van

Thanks for your words of wisdom Van. It sounds like a sensible project and I hope his Dad is delighted with the tribute jacket.

a2jacketpatches

All set dudes, I'll take it from here.

Everyone, A2 Jackets are made for patching as far as I'm concerned, so patch em up, patch em all, and patch em with whatever you desire, hell patch em all dammit :twisted: !!!!!!!!