• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cooper A2 eBay

ThinLimey

Came across a Cooper A2 on eBay in a 36 chest that I snatched up the other day.
Google searches after buying the jacket then sent me down the rabbit hole of Flight jacket collectors so I thought I’d post here to get more information. Jacket has the usual GAC 201-01-8101M code on the label. What more can you gents tell me about it from that? Possible year of manufacture, how it might fit etc. I know that Cooper made some reproductions in the 80s and 90s so I assume that’s roughly when it was made. Only asking out of general interest

bazzer

Hi and welcome from England
best to post pictures of the jacket when you get it high Res are best
Also as you are new you need to also post in the members bios
Just tell us a bit about yourself and what interest you have and jackets etc
It's a great place and you will get the info you need
Baz

Last edited:

ThinLimey

Thanks, I’m from England myself but found myself in Canada for the past year or two. I’ll try and work out my way around the forum re bio etc but I do have some decent res pics from the eBay listing.

ThinLimey

ED08ED7C-20FE-49B7-A58A-541152B3542C.jpeg

MaydayWei

Welcome, from a fellow Canadian!
I don’t have much, if indeed any, knowledge on A2s. But I’m sure there are many others on here, far more familiar with A2 jackets than I, who can help you out :)
Best of luck

B-Man2

Hi
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure these orange labeled Coopers were made for the civilian market, as most if not all of the earlier US Air Force Cooper contract issued jackets had white labels that either said Sadlery or Cooper. From the numbers listed on the white part of your label it looks like the 01 denotes a 2001 manufacturing date.
Heres an example of an issued USAF contract Cooper Label .
A18F79D7-3FBD-4EF9-B87C-362998E70809.jpeg