• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson B-15c

A

Anonymous

I just took delivery of a BR B-15c in blue. :) I can't believe how darn good the jacket is. It exudes quality and feels warm and heavy. AWESOME. Anyone who says that Alpha are almost as good as the BR needs their bumps felt ! :eek:

I'll get a few pics of it new and some more after some wear and then do a review. Assuming anyone's interested ???

J_H

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Anyone who says that Alpha are almost as good as the BR needs their bumps felt ! :eek:

Not Alpha, J_H .... just Alpha Replica. Yes, the BR is better, but not by a mile. The Alpha Replica is better value.

I'll get a few pics of it new and some more after some wear and then do a review. Assuming anyone's interested ???

Course we're interested .... yes, yes pictures!

Tim P

Love my buzz b-15C too, nice tight stitching, sheen to the nylon and typical attention to detail.
Frankly, you cannot go wrong with a Buzz rickson item, It amazes me how they are able to source cloth and components that are so precise.
The alpha replica is second best but ask someone whose jacket cost most and most people I reckon would shrug, unconcerned. Picking up on deebs point, the Alpha is better value by far when you consider that it is can be had new for around 100-150 bucks.
As discussed previously, the 'vintage' one is a joke, in the same realm as low end avirex but the replica is not at all bad, zip notwithstanding. Who else has both to compare?

A

Anonymous

David & Tim,

I take your point about value for money and concur 100%.

But who on here is looking for value for money ? One might argue that a Good Wear or ELC or RMNZ is poor value for money bearing in mind something not all that disimilar (to a normal member of the public) but made in a sweat shop would be a fraction of the cost .................. We are all victims of our hobby and prisoners to detail. :?

Detail, detail, detail :)

Pics to follow.

Dave

Tim P

very true. detail. I cant believe how I have had a big thing about an Eastman A-2 bearing the Eastman name. The extra money for one of their 'maker' brands always seems a lot of expense and yet, I cant seem to stomach the house style while there is a label (which is never or hardly ever seen) that bears an original contractors name.
Now I had the Sefton and ELC house brands without a problem in the days pre ELC RW and The alphas I have had really did the trick while there was no availability to my knowledge of the few/ buzz nylons.
My lost worlds dubow went because of the PRYM snaps even though it was a creased up solid bit of A-2.

I put up with Buzz ricksons name in the label and with my soon to arrive 18775 I will again have the eastman name (for obvious reasons) in a label and, you know what... it dont matter. Not really.

but you are right, detail is what motivates us here and I will drink to that.

Willy McCoy

I really like the BR B-15C. It's been a great jacket for a couple years now. The Alpha replica series are a very nice jacket. It's easier to get a BR jacket as the Alpha has turned out to be a keeper. The nylon twill that Alpha uses on the replica series is very nice however the patterns are a modern relaxed fit. The zippers, while not military period spec. are nice. The decal is very nice. The nomenclature tag isn't. I sure wish I had the Alpha L-2A.

Weasel_Loader

I too agree the Buzz jackets are great. I also have a Buzz B-15C and love it. I also used to have an Alpha Replica B-15D in size 44 and a Alpha Replica B-15C Mod in size 42. By far the best nylon jacket out there for the money. I would have kept the 44 B-15D but it was too big. The 42 B-15C Mod was perfect didn't see the need to keep it when I got the Buzz B-15C.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Willy McCoy said:
The nylon twill that Alpha uses on the replica series is very nice however the patterns are a modern relaxed fit.

I don't even find that ... my size 38 Alpha Replica B-15C has almost identical measurements, and fit, to my Medium BR MA-1. The Alpha has slightly more length in the body, and sleeves, which for me is good.

Having said that, there can be inconsistencies. I have resold two replica series B-15D's for pulling up too far at the back, and another modified for puffing out behind the collar.

But then, I can find fault with the fit of any jacket, usually with very little effort.

A

Anonymous

Proud to be a member of the Buzz R. B-15C club even if Hacker calls me a mall rent-a-cop. Great blast from the past jacket, just feel the sleeves might be a tad too wide at the elbow/forearm area. Still a nice jacket. I think it would be cool to put a boxing Eagle patch/white name tape and a "Mig Alley" sign on the back. (Alpha B-15C rather than the Buzz). Not going to mess with the Buzz. B-15C just says F-86 to me!

Cobblers161

Can anyone advise on the fit of the Buzz B-15C mod? Is it similar to the L-2 and best to downsize by one?

Thanks.....

greyhound52

Cobblers161 said:
Can anyone advise on the fit of the Buzz B-15C mod? Is it similar to the L-2 and best to downsize by one?

Thanks.....
I take a 40 in each as well as the Buzz L-2A if this helps.

Swing

Cobblers161 said:

Thanks.....

I have a size 46 L2A. Size 46 B-15C was too small, size 48 was too big. :?

~Swing

Cobblers161

Swing, it sounds like you need a 47" ;)

Greyhound, do you normally take a 42" in Buzz jackets then, excepting Nylons?

greyhound52

Cobblers161 said:
Swing, it sounds like you need a 47" ;)

Greyhound, do you normally take a 42" in Buzz jackets then, excepting Nylons?

Yes in the A2 I take a 42 or sometimes a 44. L-2B was a Large which I think equals a 40-42 in their sizing. Same with their MA-1.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:

As you have found, the L-2 is large fitting, and you can afford to go down one size.

Usually Buzz are true to size ... but they do vary, even between different makers styles in the same size.

The olive B-15C is another that is known to fit large, but the regular blue one is maybe truer to size.

Here's a few borrowed measurements:

Size 38 (M)・40 (L)
肩幅 45・48 shoulder
着丈 64 ・ 65 Length
身幅 58 ・60 Width
袖丈 53 ・55.5 53 sleeve length

asiamiles

Cobblers161 said:
Personally I'd never downsize on a Buzz (except the Lockheed jacket), but then we're all built differently, though do be aware that because of it's thick lining the B-15C fits slightly smaller and shorter than the L-2. I used to have a size 40 B-15C and it was a little large but also a little short on me; I have a size 38 L-2A and it's perfect.

Cobblers161

David, Have you tried a B-15C mod in Olive?

I've checked the measurements and they seem rather large for a 42" sized jacket but as was mentioned they have a thick lining. The 42" L2a was too big but then it is a thin jacket in comparison.

Always tricky making a transatlantic purchase.