• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUZZ RICKSON AMERICAN SPORTSWEAR AN6552

Grant

If you're into late war USN/Army jackets, the new Buzz reproduction of the American Sportswear AN6552 is really nicely done. The mouton looks very much like vintage and the goatskin isn't dyed super dark like you see a in lot of other reproduction USN jackets. Thanks to Charles at History Preservation Associates for suggesting the sz 40 as these fit larger than normal, very much like my original ANJ3A. Looking forward to breaking in this jacket/

Buzz1.jpg
Buss2.jpg

ausreenactor

If you're into late war USN/Army jackets, the new Buzz reproduction of the American Sportswear AN6552 is really nicely done. The mouton looks very much like vintage and the goatskin isn't dyed super dark like you see a in lot of other reproduction USN jackets. Thanks to Charles at History Preservation Associates for suggesting the sz 40 as these fit larger than normal, very much like my original ANJ3A. Looking forward to breaking in this jacket/

View attachment 68316View attachment 68317
Great work.

Stunning jacket.

Grant

Hey Dany,
Here's a fit pic as well as pics of the black coated Conmatic zip and yellow US stencil under the collar. As far as how faithful it is to the original American Sportswear AN6552, I'm sure Dave Sheeley and John Chapman could elabortate, but attached are a couple pics of an original. Looking forward to beating the shit out of it this winter. Here's to hoping we have an Aleutian winter in NYC this year!
Buzz9.jpg
Buzz4.jpg
Buzz3.jpg
Buzz8.png
Buzz13.png

MaydayWei

Funnily enough, @Grant, I'm always inclined to buy anything that has your seal of approval.
If you approve of it, I need not worry about quality or accuracy.
Case in point, the thing that put me over the threshold on pulling the trigger on both my Platon Dubow and my ATF Roughouts was your testaments here on the VLJ.
Looks like a Buzz AN6552 is next!

Dany McDonald

Funnily enough, @Grant, I'm always inclined to buy anything that has your seal of approval.
If you approve of it, I need not worry about quality or accuracy.
Case in point, the thing that put me over the threshold on pulling the trigger on both my Platon Dubow and my ATF Roughouts was your testaments here on the VLJ.
Looks like a Buzz AN6552 is next!

Mayday and Grant,

I must admit I too take Grant's knowledge to the bank when it's about authenticity and quality repro...
I dig you style and collection...

Okay I am red in the face now...

Dany