• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burma Chit

siddhartha

Administrator
really nice-I remember seeing some on eBay a number of years ago that didn't look half as good as this one!

A

Anonymous

great and I can read everything!
can you make Swahili ?
:lol:

a2jacketpatches

PLATON said:
great and I can read everything!
can you make Swahili ?
:lol:

Actually, yes if provided a reference to copy from. I'm doing a three language name tag for a guy in English, Chinese, and Arabic. He just sent me the reference.

This Burma chit is very carefully done as an artist drawing a picture. I have no idea what I'm writing but follow the lines and use three different handwritten references. This way I can be sure that a slight curve or something is simply a difference in style as opposed to changing the meaning of a character. I also went over the chit writing with a Burmese dentist some time back while living in Santa Ana, he explained certain variations as distinctive handwriting features of an individual.

My wife is still doing the Chinese writing for me and her writing was just confirmed once again as perfect and readable by a guy in Taiwan. She can't read Chinese fluently but is able to ID characters. Most recently, I had to pull some tiger patches that read Hu Fei ( Tigers Flying ) I just copied the characters from the internet without running them by her first and stitched them on. They will go on my wall of shame along with other silly mistakes I've made. My wall of shame is a constant reminder to double check everything.

A lot of chits were just copied by servicemen, and in India some of the Chinese was written in their hand leaving a ridiculous looking but readable result. Explained to me as if I was to write English letters with my toes.