• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bunnymen AN-J-4

MikeyB-17

image.jpeg

I've recently rekindled my interest in a band I loved and saw several times, way back in the 80's-Echo and the Bunnymen. (May not mean much to our friends in the States, although they are touring over there as we speak). I came across this picture of them, with bassist Les Pattinson (whom I met backstage at the York Festival, and chatted with for a while-nice chap) wearing what looks like an AN-J-4. Wonder where he got that? Cuffs look a bit the worse for wear.

Peter Graham

Looks like they're all wearing military surplus of one kind or another. Love The Bunnymen. Their first album is still one of my all time favourite records. I was fortunate enough to see them several times in their heyday. On one memorable occasion in the early 80's I saw them at Queens university Belfast. About two thirds through their set, a bomb scare was phoned in, as happened fairly frequently in Belfast in those days. The hall was cleared and the band stood outside smoking and drinking with the crowd. The bomb scare was declared a hoax and everyone trooped back inside. Instead of finishing their set, The Bunnymen started the whole thing over again. A great value gig and a great memory !

asiamiles

Looks like they're all wearing military surplus of one kind or another.

I remember Mac wore an M-1951 (see pic) before the band adopted the military look where they had the stage draped with camouflage netting, which I think lasted for one UK tour (maybe two) and the Buxton show that was filmed for SHINE SO HARD. There's some recent-ish pics of Mac wearing a field jacket so I guess it's a garment that he likes.

macm1951_zpstobxkoej.jpg