• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson A3 cap

MauldinFan

Bronson had a sale recently on their AAF A3 mechanics caps, including my (massive) size. I have an original and another repro, but I couldn't resist.
It looks great.
20240327_081446-01.jpeg

20240327_081501-01.jpeg

MauldinFan

I posted this on Facebook and several people said they're made with dyes that fade terribly in UV light. I haven't taken it outside yet but one said they fade badly in a single day of exposure...

Dumpster D

I managed to score a used Eastman one, It's pretty much real deal to me, I've seen so many variations and discrepancies between material and quality between all kinds of original manufacturers, I think anything goes just about.

Hard to say which original manufacturer made the top notch ones, and which ones were just so-so in terms of material and craftsmanship.

More or less The Bronson looks in the ballpark to me at least.

Greg Gale

I posted this on Facebook and several people said they're made with dyes that fade terribly in UV light. I haven't taken it outside yet but one said they fade badly in a single day of exposure...

This. I wore mine a few times in the Equatorial sun, and it became an ugly yellowish shade, very, very faded. I wouldn't recommend them and frankly, this gives me second thoughts about other Bronson products too.

Members online

Latest posts