• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand NEW 'Sale Page' at Good Wear

DiamondDave

Bfrench,

No worries!!

CBI,

Can't wait to see your ".50 cal" technique on one of these beauties!!

Cheers,

DD

CBI

I JUST pulled the trigger on an original Edmund Church M422a so I am afraid I will have to pass on the GW options. John says his new goatskin is just amazing. Note the 18091 with it......

Weasel_Loader

I agree! After owning a few different horse hides from GW, I really prefer the goat. Very soft right from the start and requires little break-in time.

If I didn't have other hobbies, I'd pick up that 18091. ;)

unclegrumpy

Weasel_Loader said:
I agree! After owning a few different horse hides from GW, I really prefer the goat. Very soft right from the start and requires little break-in time.

I have seen this exact jacket. The new goat skin John is using is amazing, but is a little different from the old goat. Both are exceptionally authentic looking, however, the new goat hide is heavier...much like a mid weight horse.... and has less distinct pebbles in the grain. It feels like it will take about the same abuse and break in as the Japanese horsehide he is using.

Many original A-2's I have seen in goat have this exact same weight, look and feel. WW II Navy jackets just about always seem to have the distinct goat pebbles in the grain, but the A-2's do not. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of original A-2's that can be hard to positively identify the hide without some serious study.

What is most amazing is how much he has raised the bar of originality....again! It is also nice that he has given the guys who love goat another equally authentic choice, so they can have something more to ponder or more likely need to purchase to complete their growing herds :D

Weasel_Loader

unclegrumpy said:
As a matter of fact, there are a lot of original A-2's that can be hard to positively identify the hide without some serious study.
:D

Agree! Some of the more experienced collectors might be able to spot them quickly from distance, but some vintage goat had me fooled even from close up.

CR141

Oh Man, If I hadn't just bought my Dubow 27798, I'd be all over the Roughwear 18091 goatskin. WOW!! what a superb looking jacket(they all are).

CBI

yes, I know, that goatskin one is killing me, I just can't swing it right now :evil:

unclegrumpy

CBI said:
yes, I know, that goatskin one is killing me, I just can't swing it right now :evil:
It is really a sad state of affairs when bad stuff like this happens to a guy who has just been to Church! :shock: