BR jackets, true to size or not ?

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by Carl, May 7, 2018.

1. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Just looking for some help regarding BR jacket sizing .
    Im sort of inbetween a 38 and 40 chest .

C

2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

i have found that the buzz leather jackets are cut "ample", with longer sleeves. if it is an a-2 that you are considering, go with the 38, imo.

3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Its for a cloth jacket , a B10 , even more precisely an Oldin Denis example .

C

4. stanier

stanier Active Member

If you’re between a 38 and 40 Carl with something like 32” ish waist measure and slim tummy then I suspect you’d be fine with the size 38.

However, if in the other hand you’re between a 38 and 40 chest with something like a 34” ish waist and a tummy that says you enjoy a beer more than most (like me!) then go for a size 40 would be my experience in BR jackets.

And as Silver Surfer says, for some reason best known to Buzz, the sleeves can on occasion be longer than I’d like if given the choice.

Cheers

Chris

5. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Chris , im between 38/40 with a 30 waist ! Im like a racing snake !! :D

stanier likes this.
  6. stanier

stanier Active Member

Bloomin’ ‘eck mate, you could probably get away with a 36 in at least some of their jackets then!

You need more real ale, that’ll take take you up a size, it did it for me!

7. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I can eat for England chap ! And not put an ounce on ! Not for the want of trying ,i kust cant put weight on !

8. stanier

stanier Active Member

Stick with me pal, I’m sure I can help with that!:confused:

9. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Pmsl !!

10. EmergencyIan

EmergencyIan Active Member

Carl, I have a few BR cloth jackets. I'd say go with the 38. It's possible that a 36 may fit you, in the chest, in some of their selections, but the shoulders would never work. Unless the jacket is just oversized in general. I'm a size 38 in most BR jackets. One thing that I've noticed in recent years is their sizing isn't as consistent as it once was. When possible, you should look at the measurements. If HPA, here in the U.S., carries the jacket, the measurements will be there and you can go from there. It seems as though I've looked for measurements at Buzz Rickson's Europe, but I can't recall them being available. If HPA doesn't have the measurements you need, Rakuten generally will. I've purchased BR cloth jackets from both HPA and from Japan through Rakuten or directly through the Japanese store that has the jacket for sale. The way I learn that they have it is always via Rakuten. Anyhow, from what I can recall, they always provide meaurements, as do others on Rakuten who have had the jacket. My advice is to just do a little bit of research, when it comes to measurements, before you buy. As I mentioned, though I usually wear a 38 in BR, that's not always the case, anymore. Of course, these jackets are pricey, so it's better to measure twice and buy once.

- Ian

11. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

ahhhh...beer, the breakfast of champions. my weight has never been affected by my intake of alk. that is, until i hit my later 50s. a gain of 3-5 pounds is not much of a worry, its the displacement change that bugs me.

12. Persimmon

Persimmon Well-Known Member

Based on several BR jacket purchases.
    Your waist size especially.
    Go for size 38

13. s4rmark

s4rmark Active Member

Yup, I find you have to go down a size on Buzz Ricksons cloth jackets.

14. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

lucky you!

even if I just pass by a TACO shop I get some more "material" on my hips - unfortunately

15. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

In Buzz cloth jackets (Tanker, CCC, B-10, B-15C) I take the same size (42) I take in Eastman jackets.

16. falcon_ib

falcon_ib Active Member

Carl likes this.
  17. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member