• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Willis & Geiger M-422A sz 48

A

Anonymous

OK the zipper is supposed to be stiff because this has the "invisible zipper" construction meaning that when jacket is closed you should be able to see as little of the zipper chain as possible. As you notice the leather is anything but stiff, but the jacket is brand new and the zip has to be worked to loosen up a bit.

I 'll ask Andy to contact you by email to solve this. Don't worry.

A

Anonymous

if I understand correctly, are you saying that the zipper got stuck on the flap resulting in this damage?

leper-colony

That is my current working theory. :)

The bottom of rear inside zipper slide goes over this. The corner is a 90 degree angle, much like a plane or guillotine.

A member messaged me that they saw an original WG with the same issue, so its an authentic by product of the construction of the jacket. :mrgreen:

What makes it pop out to the eye is the base leather is natural, very light.

Would love to hear comments you might have on the original WGs you have looked at and what the base/underneath color of the leather looks like.

A

Anonymous

I can check the originals and let you know. I guess they would have been all over the place.
BK have the same goatskins with darker base. I have seen them.
If you want a repair they could use darker base skins.
As I said, they will contact you by email.

A

Anonymous

I am BK's associate but I do not belong to the staff of BK so I didn't say "we".
I said "they" meaning that Andy will contact him.

bseal

I would purchase a BK jacket. Really. Now on to business...

Associate:

a person who shares actively in anything as a business, enterprise, or undertaking; partner; colleague; fellow worker: He consulted with his associates before proceeding further.
a companion or comrade: my most intimate associates.
a confederate; an accomplice or ally: criminal associates.

A

Anonymous

My wife saw these photos and said "cat ate your jacket"
Have you heard from BK yet?

Jeff M

Candle wax works wonders on stiff zippers.
Not melted! Just run a candle up and down both sides of zipper teeth.
Won't help the leather though.

leper-colony

Platon,

Were you able to look at the M422s you have to see the coloration the the base layer of the leathers?

A

Anonymous

Were you able to look at the M422s you have to see the coloration the the base layer of the leathers?

Sorry totally forgot, I will check it next time I go to BK's. I don't have any M422 at home.