• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Willis & Geiger M-422A sz 48

leper-colony

LOL!

At the same time it arrived I got a call from the Veterinarian to pick up a cat from surgery.

I've since opened it and tried on once (jacket not the cat), looks pretty good! Hoping for more pics in a while. :mrgreen:

leper-colony

Here are a couple of pics of the jacket on the BK FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 158&type=1

Pics were posted a week before it was sent out.

There may be an issue with the flap, the way it its sewn in at the top (original design issue), or the zipper is sewn in too close. there is a spot of raw leather there.

I'll take a closer look later, trying to go out for dinner right now. Figured I need to step away so I don't get all emotional about it. Will see what's happening and report back in. :roll:

leper-colony

He's a shelter cat that was dumped on New Years Eve when he was 9 months and he was almost euthanized.

A big boy at 17lbs, he has blue crossed eyes and is mostly Siamese, maybe Coon, but more likely Ragdoll or Siberian (Neva Masquerade).

His name is (Fraking) Gimbel. :lol:

ButteMT61

We have an 18 year old MC. Almost had to put him down this week. Daughter found him when we bought this house. When he was younger hew as ~20lbs. He's been hit by a car; bitten by a rattle snake, and carried off by a coyote last year. Still hanging on, but the back end gave out.
Been a great cat. All ours are rescues/strays.

Peter Graham

We have three cats and one dog. Amongst the cats we have a three year old Maine Coon by the name of Jacques Brel. He's my buddy. Spends a lot of time riding around on my shoulder. Here he is in default mode.

leper-colony

Here is the spot at the top of the flap (outside) that I was talking about. It looks like the rolled edge was abraised or spltt after folding, not sure. What do you all think?

Looks like BK uses an adhesive to hold the zipper im place when they sew it. I noted the same on the BK PK A-2 I received towards the start of the year.

leper-colony

I'm not exactly happy, but trying to understand what I am looking at.

The bit of raw to the back side makes sense because the flap is part of the whole inner reverse and you can see the cut to the leather.

I guess I could just dab it with dye, but that seems odd to me on a new jacket. Again I'm trying not to be sensitive.

Nice Coon!! :D

Jeff M

If you get a chance, I'd be interested to see photos of how the jacket fits you...showing arm length/body length. That's one area I was not happy with my BK M422.

chamboid

Doesn't look like anything to worry about, but on a new jacket it's not great. Most important thing if it's going to niggle you do something about it.

I'm sure Andy or Platon will pipe up very soon after the weekend and holiday on Monday. Wait untill Tuesday and I'm sure it'll be sorted out quickly

leper-colony

Looking again, I think the bottom of the zipper slide coming down hit the leather. The leather being a very light base caused to be so visible.

A

Anonymous

hi,
can you please show a photo of the entire jacket pointing to where the problem is?
3 different people (including myself) inspected the jacket before shipping and there were no problems

needless to say BK will fix this to your total satisfaction

leper-colony

I unboxed the jacket, unzipped it, noting the zipper was stiff.

Put the jacket on, zipped it up once, zipped it down once, hung the jacket.

Wondered about the stiff zipper and looked and found the area that looked split from folding but now think it was the reverse bottom of the box hitting a high point. The dye on top and light base leather made it pop out.