• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Badalassi Aeronaut.

chamboid

So after a bit if a scare from Parcel Force after the packages was noted as damaged, and then both lost for a bit, my Aeronaut arrived on Thursday. And I am so pleased it did.

I had two jackets coming, one a vintage Monarch 7823(AER) which needed a bit of a tlc and this fantastic jacket.

Sadly because the the box was so badly damaged that the tanning smell was lost, I remember receiving my BK RW and the smell filled the room for about 3 days. It was marvelous, but did not get the same pleasure with this, though, thank goodness the small was the only thing that was lost.

The hide is lovely, though heavier than the Victory or Premium horse it feels lighter and very easy to wear, the jacket is supple right out of the (badly damaged) box with only a little squeakiness which will soon subdue. Not as grainy as I was expecting from the sample, it's has a smooth quality to it in most places, with more pronounced grain in certain areas, but overall I would say its a smoother leather. The effect is a very vintage apearing leather, which will age accordingly, very similar to a vinatge horse hide jacket a friend has in weight, and texture.

The seal colour is fantastic, and the main reason I ordered the badalassi. Its a reddish brown,
which changes colour under different light conditions from a vibarent almost flowing russet red to a dull mid brown. I chose the heavy weight brown lining to compliment the colour but not pulling focus, and because it looked to perfect on Silversurfers Wesrfall.

Pattern wise I made a few adjustments, I asked for the collar swoop to be slimmed down a touch. Just to make it a tad easier to wear, added an left inside Brest pocket with button loop closure, and added a double stitch to the rounded pockets and made them slightly larger.

I think all adjustment work and are in-fitting with the jacket. And I also own a jacket with is specifically mine.

Fit wise it's perfect for me, good length on the sleeves which some will think short, but I prefer, prefect fit across the shoulders and nice trim tires but with space for a thick sweater underneath.

But here are some pictures...

Photos taken by a colleague where I work at American Classics on Endel St. London

Skip

Nice one ! The jacket for any occasion, love the vintage look. You'll give Bodie and Doyle a run for their money, very Professional.

chamboid

grommet said:
Beautiful jacket!
What do you mean by "collar swoop"?

The amount that the rounded collar bends. Reducing the rounded, almost spherical to a bit more of a shawl.

Silver it's not my closet, but a shop you'd like, and if the 'oops'
is a euphemism I'm disappointed. If it's to the sleeve length then it fits. Even with bunching.

Sleeve length is, I think 23.5"

Dr H

Looks very smart indeed. Good colour/hide combination. Fit looks very well - sleeve length is very individual and is key to comfort.
I see many jackets on FL with longer sleeves skimming the base of the thumb, which clearly works for the wearer, but would irritate me in use.
I'll drop by when I'm next in that part of the city.

chamboid

Should do Dr Always nice to meet a fellow enthusiast. And yes any sleeve that overs my hand just feel irritating.

johnwayne

Damn nice jacket that - would mind one of those myself! Reminds me too, about time a paid a visit to American Classics and trust they are OK you with that jacket when they sell ELC's, don't they?
cheers
Wayne

bretron

Ben, I am incredibly late to the party here (been on a real boot "kick" lately). But damn is that ever a nice jacket! My next leather jacket no doubt. Congrats, bro!

zhz44

How does Badalassi ages? It looks lovely!.

PS: The shop looks familiar, Is this American classic?

chamboid

Yeah that's the shop. It ages well. Haven't worn it continuously but is breaking in nicely. Really need to wear this jacket till it looks better with age