• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bizarre eBay policy announcement

asiamiles

I was just trying to list a DVD on eBay when this message popped up:

"In order to maintain a safe trading environment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellers can list certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days. The types of items that are subject to limits may vary.

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This means that while you can list other types of items, you will need to wait 30 days or until your other listings of this type have ended before you can list this item.

Established accounts which demonstrate a history of excellent buyer satisfaction will be automatically subject to higher limits."

Huh??!!! :evil: First they give you a month of free listings (upto a 100), presumably because business is so bad, then they stop you listing with this bizarre policy. Now I've only listed about 5 DVD's in the last month, so I'm puzzled as to what they're trying to stop here. Can anyone figure this out or has anyone come across such a thing before?

asiamiles

Okay, I did a quick google search and found a forum posting about it. Suddenly a light bulb inside my head went on. The DVD I was selling was from the Warner Archive collection and in the listing I explained these were m-o-d DVD-R's rather than pressed DVD's. Well, I simply deleted the word DVD-R and suddenly I could list it. I guess this is one of eBay's lame anti-piracy ideas...it seems it also operates in the "designer clothing" sections, but thankfully the likes of BR and RM don't seem to fall into this category! :lol:

asiamiles

I can only conclude...the powers that be at eBay have lost it! I got the same message again when I just tried to list a bluray disc, and this time no changing of words helped. To list the item I had to choose another category! So basically, the only way I could try to sell my perfectly legit item was to put it in the wrong category. Well done eBay, you're really helping sellers, buyers and yourselves here.