• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beyond frustrating

Nickb123

From late 2022. Opened a ticket and it had been well past the window. There it is, still in transit.
IMG_9712.jpeg

Southoftheborder

I don't understand this. The the order was well over a year ago. Are you saying that you never got it and are out of pocket? Or they refunded you and then closed the case?

If something doesn't arrive and the tracking proves it then it's very straightforward to open a claim with eBay and as long as you don't let it time out they will always refund you.

Nickb123

I don't understand this. The the order was well over a year ago. Are you saying that you never got it and are out of pocket? Or they refunded you and then closed the case?

If something doesn't arrive and the tracking proves it then it's very straightforward to open a claim with eBay and as long as you don't let it time out they will always refund you.
It had timed out long ago (my fault…don’t recall if the claim was raised in proper window of time, but it didn’t work out in my favor). Just logged in the other day and saw the status as still not delivered after all this time, and have the screenshot right there proving so, which makes it all the more frustrating!

Thanks everyone for the guidance, but yes, this one’s far gone. Lesson is to be aware of the limited windows of time (both paypal and bank) to appeal.

A2B3G1

I’ve been screwed several times on eBay but always got my money back through PayPal
eBay and PayPal separated a few years ago. Individuals are allowed to file a specific claim through one -- but not both -- entities, I was told by a PayPal representative whom I called in a fact-finding exercise in lieu of asking for help. The Paypal representative sounded interested in a partial refund. I subsequently contacted eBay and a representative said I could follow their process and receive a refund. I filed a claim with eBay and received a full refund.

Blackboxr1200S

Same here... Big lottery buying on Evil Bay

We're talking shipped Oct 4 2021!!! still on the road.

Item made it to Europe customs office in Schiphol airport, near Amsterdam, then suddenly ... no trace.
Funny guy at eBay just told me to order an other one from the seller.
Sure, there are plenty of original 1943 Esquire envelopes around :cool:

Must have talked to at least 5 people at eBay, working at a large distribution company I had people in Schiphol airport asking around, the package was not to be found.
Not a 500$ jacket and wasn't about the money, but items as such, you don't want to see tossed in the bin.
At the end got a full refund, shipping included,( another 27€ + customs fees )

1712133991752.png

B-Man2

Same here... Big lottery buying on Evil Bay

We're talking shipped Oct 4 2021!!! still on the road.

Item made it to Europe customs office in Schiphol airport, near Amsterdam, then suddenly ... no trace.
Funny guy at eBay just told me to order an other one from the seller.
Sure, there are plenty of original 1943 Esquire envelopes around :cool:

Must have talked to at least 5 people at eBay, working at a large distribution company I had people in Schiphol airport asking around, the package was not to be found.
Not a 500$ jacket and wasn't about the money, but items as such, you don't want to see tossed in the bin.
At the end got a full refund, shipping included,( another 27€ + customs fees )

View attachment 143827
I’ve had these issues on occasion and I honestly can’t blame eBay …. When 95% of the time it’s the US Postal System that loses the package. On occasion there are shitty eBay sellers that try to pull fast ones but for the most part it’s the post office that’s the blame for lost and undelivered stuff. Now if you want to talk about ridiculous inflated fees and EBay not giving equal protection to “sellers” that’s a different conversation .

Dumpster D

Last year I had a new 'fill in' postman who apparently couldn't tell the difference between a 1 and a 7??

A lot of important personal info and parcels did not get delivered here, at first I thought it was someone stealing packages right out the mail box because the parcels were being marked as 'delivered'

The address they went to was a dumpy rental, Those people did not turn in the mail that didn't belong to them, and that place is now currently for sale.

It was exhaustive contacting the post and sorting things out, it took three times on the phone trying to figure out what was up...before the 'fill in' guy finally transferred back to the next town over.

I was out $200 on orders over a period of 6 months...Was never reimbursed by the postal system, even though it's on them.

some of the orders were for parts for people's guitars I was repairing, and you can imagine the kind of stress and pressure and financial strain it put on me.

Not to mention Drivers licenses that failed to be delivered to the correct address...Nothing important or anything.

Dumpster D

...and another thing, people are getting 'scam' messages these days saying something like 'your parcel failed to deliver etc...' with a link to click on...Any idea what will happen if you click their link?

Pa12

...and another thing, people are getting 'scam' messages these days saying something like 'your parcel failed to deliver etc...' with a link to click on...Any idea what will happen if you click their link?
I get them all the time. Post office, ups etc. wait till ai kicks in.

Pa12

Actually the first time I got one (fake ups) I did click on it. It looked so legit , plus I was expecting a package. It said they wanted to verify information. Started with name and address. Fair enough. But then shit like mother’s maiden name. The gig was up. Someone probably trying to get a fake birth certificate etc. I’ve been caught the other way too. Sold a camera on kijiji. Guy bought it sight unseen and paid for shipping. Sent me an etransfer but it just didn’t look right so I figured it was a scam. A week later he called and asked where the camera was. I bullshitted him and said the transfer didn’t go through. He sent another. Both were legit and I had to send him one back. Felt bad but, fuck , can’t trust anyone anymore.