• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best bargain for a long time

John Lever

Roughwear said:
Wow! Did you buy it John?
I thought of flipping it, but the postage was $95 and he had opened up the pockets to allow side entry. While I dithered it went.
If you are prepared to sit on these jackets for a year or two I really think they will appreciate. Obviously the purchase price has to be favourable.

dmar836

John,
Yes I do. I saw this jacket but passed as it was a tad large for me. Jumping on anything with the mindset that I can make an easy buck is not how I want to be known. Some live like this daily and modern "reality" TV shows promote this more and more. To each their own.

Dave

John Lever

dmar836 said:
John,
Yes I do. I saw this jacket but passed as it was a tad large for me. Jumping on anything with the mindset that I can make an easy buck is not how I want to be known. Some live like this daily and modern "reality" TV shows promote this more and more. To each their own.

Dave
I'm with you there. I have also found that when you add on fees and stress, it's not worth it.

a2jacketpatches

Shows make it look easy, it's not. The easy way is actually paying the fair price while guys like me do all the work. I flip things on a regular basis. Don't forget about the time and gas money spent, endless hours of fruitless searching, along with all the other fun stuff that comes along. Don't be fooled gentlemen, if a good deal comes along once in a while without all the hassles a flipper goes through, grab it and do what you will.

a2jacketpatches

John Lever said:
Good luck is the key I suppose.

Maybe for that easy buck, would like to see those once in a while. For me, it's been many years of hard work, study, trial and error, an endless learning process. Don't get me wrong, it's been a lot of fun as well. Like fishing almost, once in a while you get a big one after lots and lots of bites and little ones.

I was flipping stuff long before all of the reality shows, I'm not mislead by them at all. And anyone who is promoted by them won't last long, you have to be a little more into it than that.

Bottom line, it's work like anything else, and these shows have really done nothing for the flipper / picker, but have enlightened the general public as to what Grandma and Grandpas stuff might be worth.

This must be the direction this thread has turned because a cheap Eastman is rarer than Japanese rifles, I found 4 of them in two months for a fraction of what they're worth. And YUP! I'm flippin em. Do I feel Guilty? NOPE!

I put in a lot of hard work and had a little luck.

a2jacketpatches

FlyingYankee said:
I usually end up buying high and selling low,

If you mean when buying repro jackets, what's wrong with that if you get some use out of them. Doesn't look like there's much to be made flipping repro jackets at all, maybe once in a blue moon. They pretty much hold their value as far as I can see and the most a guy can hope for is to save a little on a good used one. Certainly not an easy buck happening enough to be known for it.

BTW, if anyone has decent repros that they would trade for items in my ebay store, by all means, please make the offer. With my new store space in the immediate future, I'd like to decorate some jackets and flippem.

chamboid

I picked up one of these pretty unworn in the UK for £300 and thought was a deal, this is a steal though. 138 quid?

Side entry did cross my mind seen as you'll only wear it when it's faackin' freezin' but thought its would do any favours to the jacket and gloves exist.

I'm a size 34-36 but the Eastman I got is a 38 and sized smaller than the original HLB in a 38 I have and fits like I think it should.

Only quibble about these earlier Eastman's is the sculpted pockets and press snaps. No contract had these as far as I'm aware?

Peter Graham

chamboid said:
Only quibble about these earlier Eastman's is the sculpted pockets and press snaps. No contract had these as far as I'm aware?
They went through a few incarnations during the short time they were produced and I'm pretty sure one involved press snaps.