• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beck - 666 RS 1960’s found this for £40 in London. Happy lad ✌

R.D.L.

R.D.L.

Thanks guys ✌ I’m glad i found such a good forum with great information and history on leather jackets. I have a few questions i know this 1960’s Beck 666R.S has been posted before but just out of interest how much would something like this go for nowadays? I know there a few on eBay etc but just out of interest. I won’t be selling.

Next question would you guys keep the original lining that has nearly falling out or find an expert to re patch the inside? Would you also treat the leather with some form of horsehide / sheerhide cream? As it’s slightly dry and hard.

many thanks
Ross

Skyhawk

Sweet jacket!

Nothing wrong with replacing that lining. Just be sure and carefully save the label for re attachment.

For cleaning / conditioning, if it is musty or dirty you can clean it with Lexol PH leather cleaner. This will also soften it a bit. after dry, you can follow up with Renapur leather balm. I have heard that Lexol can cause corrosion on metal parts but I have had no problems. I would avoid getting it on the metal just in case.

Lexol is the consistency of shampoo. The process is to put some on a wet rag, lather up a small section, then immediately wipe clean with a wet rinse rag and pat dry with a dry towel. Work a small section at a time. Try to limit the amount of time that the leather is wet. Keep in mind that when you clean the leather, you are washing away oils and conditioners that may have been on the jacket. For this reason I always follow up with a conditioner, either a very light coat, or a heavier coat if the leather is dry. Wait an hour or so to apply conditioner so you don't lock in any moisture.

If a jacket is so dry it is cracking, don't use this process! I have a special process I use to deal with those types of situations.

I have tried many products and this is the best process I have found in the 10+ years I have been refurbishing jackets.

Best Regards,
Jay

R.D.L.

Sweet jacket!

Nothing wrong with replacing that lining. Just be sure and carefully save the label for re attachment.

For cleaning / conditioning, if it is musty or dirty you can clean it with Lexol PH leather cleaner. This will also soften it a bit. after dry, you can follow up with Renapur leather balm. I have heard that Lexol can cause corrosion on metal parts but I have had no problems. I would avoid getting it on the metal just in case.

Lexol is the consistency of shampoo. The process is to put some on a wet rag, lather up a small section, then immediately wipe clean with a wet rinse rag and pat dry with a dry towel. Work a small section at a time. Try to limit the amount of time that the leather is wet. Keep in mind that when you clean the leather, you are washing away oils and conditioners that may have been on the jacket. For this reason I always follow up with a conditioner, either a very light coat, or a heavier coat if the leather is dry. Wait an hour or so to apply conditioner so you don't lock in any moisture.

If a jacket is so dry it is cracking, don't use this process! I have a special process I use to deal with those types of situations.

I have tried many products and this is the best process I have found in the 10+ years I have been refurbishing jackets.

Best Regards,
Jay
Thanks so much Jay. You know your stuff ✊