• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battle of Pearl Harbor survivor : A big surprise !!!

MikeyB-17

Some incredible shots there-with a Box Brownie! The shot of the Zero just brings it home that all that destruction was wrought by a lot of tiny little aircraft.

MikeyB-17

Hmmm...can't say I'm surprised at that-I thought they were a bit good for a Box Brownie, and it did seem that the bloke got around quite a bit. Still great shots though.

Peter Graham

Whatever the origin of the photos, they are amazing. Very historic shots. Why would someone make up a bullshit story like that ?

Atticus

About the only camera, then available, that could produce photographs of that quality while used under those conditions was the Speed Graphic.

...Hardly a Brownie.

AF

duwan34

Yes, hoax finaly, the differents colors black and white with brown tone on each photos only... impossible on a film shooted on the same paper series...

Willy McCoy

I went to the French website and viewed the pictures. I kept thinking to myself that the guy must've really been accessing a lot of vantage points when he was under bombardment. And then how he clicked so many "key" shots was not very amateur.

Silver Dollar

I was lucky enough to be stationed in Hawaii during the late 80's and I had access to the original negatives of the attack on Hickam AFB and Wheeler AFB. They weren't even that good so it had to be a high quality official type of camera that took those shots. Also, I would have a hard time believing that there was no deterioration of the film over the 68 years. Still they were fantastic pictures and I'm glad I had the opportunity to see them.