• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-7 less than a grand

ButteMT61

$2000 for a jacket that comes in L/XL sizes seems out of my range of understanding. I suppose the style of jacket makes a generic sizing OK, but still...even for a cool grand, I'd like to see a range of sizes. Does anyone have one? Looks pretty dang warm I'll say that!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
At the sale price it's a lot of jacket for the money, and I guess the darker colour makes it just a little more wearable.

I see the copy writer's come up with a very colourful story ...

• The leather tabs at the shoulder were originally epaulets that airmen fed their parachute straps through — more than a few who used them that way found themselves being dragged when the parachute became entangled. They were discontinued but the tabs remained for later troops as a reminder — not a bad one for the rest of us either.

nogbat

they might look o.k in alaska , but in downtown bletchley , bockinghamshire they look a little camp to say the least :eek: :eek:

John Lever

chitchat said:
John Lever said:
The Powell jacket looks like it is constructed a little better, and would have a longer life. For the price I would go with the Powell.
Hmmm... Those girls up in Scotland are pretty good with a needle. Though I might say others made more accurate repro's I doubt anyone has better workmanship.

airfrogusmc

Paul Sanders had an original (natural finish) in a size 50 with matching gloves and sheep skin pants. It was like new...

airfrogusmc

John Lever said:
chitchat said:
John Lever said:
The Powell jacket looks like it is constructed a little better, and would have a longer life. For the price I would go with the Powell.
Hmmm... Those girls up in Scotland are pretty good with a needle. Though I might say others made more accurate repro's I doubt anyone has better workmanship.

Yes their workmanship at Aero is as good as it gets...

saucerfiend

But, does the one at Powell look to be accurate? Are they supposed to have coyote fur or reindeer, {the Aero one}?

Brian

airfrogusmc

saucerfiend said:
But, does the one at Powell look to be accurate? Are they supposed to have coyote fur or reindeer, {the Aero one}?

Brian
A great sheepskin jacket for under $1000 I wouldn't care. If I didn't already have a killer sheepskin M-445 repro from USA (and its not 100% accurate) I'd snap one up.

ButteMT61

When I was at Aero last month, they showed me some reindeer hides which were beautiful. So "Christmassy" :lol:

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
airfrogusmc said:
Paul Sanders had an original (natural finish) in a size 50 with matching gloves and sheep skin pants. It was like new...

For sale?

Paul used to be a regular here and at one time had an amazing collection of originals. In fact I think IIRC Gary Eastman bought Pauls 1933 Werber. Paul at one time had a sample of every makers and maybe 8 or 9 Dubows. He had two painted jackets from the same plane painted buy the same artist. He also owned at one time the Pearsall jacket featured on Pg 83 of the Maguire book American Flight Jackets. He sold the B-7 and all the other related stuff years ago. Last time I saw Paul he still had an Aero arctic B-3 form the late 1930s in mint condition and he had an original Dubow 27798 in a size 52 or 54 and a couple of very large sized no name contracts. At one time he had the most amazing collection of originals I had ever seen. Better than most museums.