• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-17 Carolina Moon A2 Repro

Smithy

Just some small things, although nothing exhaustive...

She was initially assigned with the 851st with Raymond M. Blankenbecler's (pilot) crew. In December 1944 the airframe was transferred to the 848th, being assigned to Lt Adolph Barnes's crew which included S/Sgt Louis Trapolino (gunner), S/Sgt Robert Cosgray (gunner) and S/Sgt Leo Eagle (bombardier). Crew names with the 848th come from those painted on various parts of the aircraft in the respective crew member's position.

HTH,

Tim

B-Man2

Tim
Thanks for that.
Its the small things that help put the puzzle together.

Burt

Smithy

Happy I could help, albeit in a small way Burt.

One suggestion I have if you want to find out more would be to sign up to this board:

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/

This is one of the best discussion boards for WWII aviation history and many professional aviation historians are members and post there. I've been a member there for over 10 years and I'm still surprised today at the knowledge base there. Really superb forum if you are into WWII aviation history and I reckon a post there on "Carolina Moon" will probably lead you to the complete crew lists.

Cheers,

Tim