• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15 - blue colour shell

Hi guys,

Want to ask your shared opinions on something. Came across a B-15 on ebay that claims to be a 'First Issue Rare Midnight Blue'.

Blueb15.jpg

To me this looks a little suspect, the inner pockets and collar made in green, changed knits, the standard contract label, missing the poppers on the outer pockets etc, but I'm certainly no expert. Could this have been a standard B-15 and someone has replaced the original green shell with denim or blue fabric?

I have come across a lighter blue test sample version (a few pics below) that looks similar in colour to a bunny suit but in what appears to be jungle cloth, so I'm really not sure. Any insight would be appreciated.

Test Sample.jpg
test sample2.jpg
test sample 3.jpg

Carl

:confused: strange !
I know there was a "blue" A4 flight suit produced with the nomenclature TYPE A5 used by the coastal defence groups .

:confused: strange !
I know there was a "blue" A4 flight suit produced with the nomenclature TYPE A5 used by the coastal defence groups .

Yeah, there was definitely the blue bunny suit, and clearly a few experimental types, but nothing issued properly. I've had another look and found other Werber Sportwear B-15s with the same specification and order no. in green. Must be a frankenstein. Funny what people will say is rare to make a quick buck.

Carl

No not the blue bunny suit , that was an Electrically heated wool blend suit .
The Type A5 was a blue/grey gaberdine material like what is shown in one of the photographs .